CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

philip

27th October 2010, 18:07
Hi everyone
RT arrived at lunchtime and completed most of it in well under the hour, but stuck on 5d. Its probably bleeding obvious, but an alternative clue might help.
I think they have changed the compiler, hopefully as a result of the comments here. Like Caravaggio I note the introduction of numbers (7d) over the last few weeks, so suspect thats a clue to the change.
particularly liked 1d, but suspect anyone under 40 might have problems with 2d. Struggling a bit with the word play on 3d, but as it was the last one I did, I have not really had time to think about it, so for now, its my least favourite clue.
Any one "seen" John from Arran recently. he seems to have deserted us again, no doubt for one of his community projects.
PHILIP
21 of 61  -   Report This Post

philip

27th October 2010, 18:07
Hi everyone
RT arrived at lunchtime and completed most of it in well under the hour, but stuck on 5d. Its probably bleeding obvious, but an alternative clue might help.
I think they have changed the compiler, hopefully as a result of the comments here. Like Caravaggio I note the introduction of numbers (7d) over the last few weeks, so suspect thats a clue to the change.
particularly liked 1d, but suspect anyone under 40 might have problems with 2d. Struggling a bit with the word play on 3d, but as it was the last one I did, I have not really had time to think about it, so for now, its my least favourite clue.
Any one "seen" John from Arran recently. he seems to have deserted us again, no doubt for one of his community projects.
PHILIP
22 of 61  -   Report This Post

philip

27th October 2010, 18:08
Sorry for the double vision. Didnt realise I had clicked twice
PHILIP
23 of 61  -   Report This Post

philip

27th October 2010, 18:17
Got the word play on 3d, although its not a word I would associate with hooligan, though Chambers does.
PHILIP
24 of 61  -   Report This Post

philip

27th October 2010, 18:24
Just got 5d. Not sure its a "signal" though
PHILIP
25 of 61  -   Report This Post

well wisher

27th October 2010, 18:47
so glad you got 3 and 5 down philip,will you tell us if you get anymore.
26 of 61  -   Report This Post

philip

27th October 2010, 19:09
Well wisher
what is`wrong with you. I asked for help then found the answers myself, so I posted again to stop anyone else from wasting time helping me.
I had already said that I had finished.
PHILIP
27 of 61  -   Report This Post

well wisher

27th October 2010, 19:20
It was jolly decent of you to try and stop people wasting time. If you spent more time thinking about the clues and less time putting up I've got it no Ihaven't yes I have messages it would be even better.
28 of 61  -   Report This Post

philip

27th October 2010, 20:23
I'm so sorry everybody for being such an idiot.
29 of 61  -   Report This Post

thicky

27th October 2010, 20:28
Well wisher
What a smart a**e you are. Philip is one of the people who started this weekly RT review and he is normally one of those who goes out of his way to help others.
Just in case you have missed the point, the reasoning behind this weekly review is to help those who are new to the cryptic scene, and as a result dozens of newcomers including myself have benefitted from it.
The fact that Philip has shown he is struggling actually helps the rest of us. So if you want to be smart, why not try being constructive. In fact as a regular reader of this forum, I struggle to remember any positive contribution from you. I know others will share my view
30 of 61  -   Report This Post