CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

karen

27th October 2010, 12:01
Hi Caravaggio and others. What I dont understand is, if someone strongly disapproves of something posted on a thread,why oh why do they advertise it on another? Beats me!!
Best to all x
11 of 61  -   Report This Post

navigator

27th October 2010, 12:54
Good afternoon all.
Done but for one problem.I can see a case for
21d to end with either d or l. I am inclined towards d but a little explanation would be appreciated.

12 of 61  -   Report This Post

karen

27th October 2010, 13:02
Hi Navigator I put d, makes it another word for impetus.
13 of 61  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th October 2010, 13:09
Thanks for your comments, Karen. May I suggest to you and Navigator that, in sports results, the accepted abbreviations are 'w', 'l' and 'd'...
14 of 61  -   Report This Post

navigator

27th October 2010, 13:35
Thankyou Karen and Caravaggio.Stupidly I failed
to see the sporting connection with "drawn".Stupid because I was at one time a soccer referee. Hung my boots and whistle up in 1966.
15 of 61  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th October 2010, 14:19
Navigator, my best man is a former League referee, who is now, to give him his full title, a 'match day observer' [previously known as an assessor]. 1966 was a good year to hang up your whistle!
16 of 61  -   Report This Post

the joker

27th October 2010, 14:27
Caravaggio
What happened in 1966 in the footballing world?
Have I missed something?
17 of 61  -   Report This Post

a well wisher

27th October 2010, 16:26
A woman was on the way to winning £100,000 on a game show, but her final question was suspended for the next night. Her husband sneaked into the studio and found the question and answer.

He raced home and told his wife "Your question is 'What are the three main parts of the male anatomy', and the answer is 'The head, heart and penis.'

The woman thinks about this throughout the night, but keeps forgetting the answer. Her husband keeps reminding her, "The head, heart and penis."

Come the game show she has forgotten again, and the presenter asks, "For £100,000, what are the three main parts of the male anatomy? You have ten seconds."

"Um... the head."

"Good. Eight seconds."

"Um... the heart."

"That's right. Five seconds."

"Oh... um... damn. My husband drilled it into me last night and I had it on the tip of my tongue this morning..."

18 of 61  -   Report This Post

old gal

27th October 2010, 17:39
Karen, Carravagio (I know I have spelled that wrong!), Nimrod and the many others who use this site to help out with the RT crossword - thank you! Your comments brighten my day and help me fill in the clues I struggle with. Please dont give up using this site. Haven't got the RT yet so cant comment on the crossword - probably speak to you tomorrow.
19 of 61  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

27th October 2010, 17:44
Good to hear from you, Old Gal. My sentiments entirely and I actually enjoy coming to the assistance of others!
20 of 61  -   Report This Post