CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

21st October 2010, 18:07
Thank you Karen and Nimrod. I had sort of guessed that it was the title of the Irish Prime Minister and I can say it but I can`t seem to spell it, nor can I find it in my dictionary! I get muddled up with all those vowels!! Will just have to keep looking.
Where are you, old gal, these days? This 5D was one for you. I expect you can spell it as well as say it.
31 of 42  -   Report This Post

mondrian

21st October 2010, 18:25
Panic over! I have just found it in the library dictionary. A word with all those vowels is a real gift to a crossword compiler.
32 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

21st October 2010, 22:01
Hi Mondrian! Yes, I am a bit smug about admitting that I did get 5d before I went on the forum!!!!! Am not being very vocal at the moment but I am keeping track of you all. Must admit to feeling a bit inferior sometimes. Am currently stuck on 11a and have e-i-r-. Is this right? Also, try as I can I cant fathom 3d and apart from football cant find a chelsea connection. Any further help would be gratefully received.
33 of 42  -   Report This Post

crypto

21st October 2010, 22:09
Old gal - your letters are right for 11a. For 3d think flower show.
34 of 42  -   Report This Post

karen

21st October 2010, 22:31
Hi old gal 11a Think Escapee from French 1800's c, dont know if it helps,but (mig) Jet fighter. Really hope that helps,and I've not confused you.
3d anagram of 'Charlaton smith'. hope that helps. TV gardner
35 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

21st October 2010, 22:33
Thanks Crypto! Blimey - and I was only chatting to my sister the other day about Chelsea flower show! How did it slip to the back of my mind? Still stuck on 11a though
36 of 42  -   Report This Post

philip

22nd October 2010, 02:40
Old Gal
Put the letters you have in the solution wizard on this site and you will find one word comes up.
PHILIP
37 of 42  -   Report This Post

old gal

22nd October 2010, 11:57
Thanks all for your clues! And thanks Karen for the french tip - took me back to the days when I used to read the Scarlet Pimpernel! Bit before your time I daresay..... Lovely day today - think I will go and look at some autumn leaves after lunch. Have a good weekend everyone!
38 of 42  -   Report This Post

mondrian

22nd October 2010, 15:30
Hi old gal, my brain often gets stuck in a rut too! Still can`t get over that I couldn`t get a simple clue from last week`s puzzle `datum` until Caravaggio explained the `dam` bit - to me who was brought up surrounded by hydro electric schemes!

3D this week was a good clue once one stops thinking fooball.

Have a good weekend everyone. And see you next week.
39 of 42  -   Report This Post

charlies human

24th October 2010, 01:14
Oh dear, here I am, last again! And everybody else is all tucked up for the weekend. I shall have to start buying the RT earlier in the week instead of leaving it until Friday, cos I save the crossword for when I've done everything else, like the tastiest strawberry on the plate. If anyone is still out there, I cannot for the life of me get 5d. But I see from reading your conversation this week that others found that one difficult too. I think I know the answer; I just can't spell it! So, greetings to anyone who reads this and thank you Mondrian for your nice words last week. P.S. Went to see "The Rivals' this week with Penelope Keith and Peter Bowles. Crackingly good. I recommend it.
40 of 42  -   Report This Post