CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tyke51

16th February 2024, 18:33
Well done Peterm! Thanks for the interesting word and clips Aristo - appreciate the vote Chrise and the like Jono - I was impressed by all the clues!
51 of 57  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th February 2024, 18:35
Congrats peterm and thanks aristo. Thanks for the mention, jono.

One of our channels shows lots of painting programmes called "The joy of painting", presented by an American called Bob something or other. He demonstrates lots of brush techniques, and produces art that would grace a third-rate chocolate box!
52 of 57  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

16th February 2024, 18:39
Congratulations Peterm and thanks Aristo.
53 of 57  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

16th February 2024, 18:41
jono @47: I’m planning to have a show this summer.

chrise @52: I’ve seen it. Horrifying. To think that you can create such hideous things so quickly, and relentlessly.
54 of 57  -   Report This Post

peterm

16th February 2024, 19:09
Thanks for the votes from mattrom, geting and SS, and for the like from jono. Much appreciated.

And thanks for hosting and the prizes, aristo.

Ah, shadowy. I've missed that. Let me scumble some of the shadow. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I'm a keen hobby artist. In fact, I run a weekly life-drawing session near where I live, which is now the focus of my practical arty activity. So I am pretty familiar with the technique of scumbling, though it's not something that lends itself to my (mainly) pastel, ink and watercolour work.

I'd be interested in seeing your work when you exhibit, if there's a link to it.

Cheers for now, all.
55 of 57  -   Report This Post

mattrom

16th February 2024, 19:44
Well done, Peterm, and thank you for your mention. Also appreciated the votes from Spike, Jono, and Paul.
It was a new word for me, too, Aristo. Thank you for hosting and the interesting clips.
56 of 57  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

16th February 2024, 23:31
peterm: I love life-drawing. It’s something everyone should try. It intensifies one’s kinesthetic apprehension of the visible world.
57 of 57  -   Report This Post