CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bowergirl

11th February 2024, 15:00
Wouldn’t the largest continent have fitted in 22d?
. With a different clue?
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

jono

11th February 2024, 15:36
Bowergirl, true, good spot.
22 of 26  -   Report This Post

sheilagh

11th February 2024, 22:19
Was doubtful about 22d because it wasn't in Chambers although from wordplay and letters, it couldn't be anything else.
6d became obvious from definition and letters but parsing caused me to go cross-eyed!
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

julesvern

12th February 2024, 13:05
I can't fully parse 6d. I can see the parsing of the first four and the last three letters, but can't parse the four in the middle. What do they have to do with 'non-clerical'??

After struggling with the anagram at 23a for ages, I eventually put it into anagram solver, and found that it was a word I'd never heard of before!

A very enjoyable solve I thought, with 25a being my COD.
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

geeker

12th February 2024, 13:26
jules, 6 is a reversed clue, parses as reversal of [3,4,2,2]. The 4 is a word for "non-clerical".
25 of 26  -   Report This Post

julesvern

12th February 2024, 13:37
Thanks Geeker, I knew it was all reversed, but I didn't understand those four letters as it was a word I'd never heard of - or rather I didn't even know it was a word, so I thought I must be missing something. I've now googled it, and I get it now.

So that's two brand new words for me (23a plus this one) from this week's Everyman!
26 of 26  -   Report This Post