CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

31st December 2023, 23:09
HNY to you too, Yevrah, I always enjoy your posts and have often wanted to ask whether “Yevrah” is an intended reversal of “Harvey”?
I think a lot of us have sentimental attachments to the Everyman puzzle… All the best!
41 of 43  -   Report This Post

yevrah

1st January 2024, 00:30
Hi jono yes it is, 4th year at school, we reversed all our surnames, sad but true.
42 of 43  -   Report This Post

daz

2nd January 2024, 00:44
I found last week's Everyman ($4027) really hard to break into — it took three tries to get going.

This week's seemed easy by comparison — finished in one sitting, never feeling really stalled (i.e., unable to solve any unsolved clue). Until only one clue remained. My guess was right, but I could not parse the clue for like forever, until at long last it got parsed. (I guess you could say I was tone deaf.)

Needless to say, only after parsing the clue to agree with my attempted solve can I consider the matter over and done with.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch it turned out that (Everyman #4026) PONTOON was the answer after all. Who knew?
43 of 43  -   Report This Post