CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

feebee

15th October 2023, 11:26
Ahhh!
Got it!
Amazing the power of posting here to make the penny drop. 😂
101 of 110  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th October 2023, 14:24
5d
one theory is that it originates from manual typesetting, where confusion is very possible, as the typeset letters are reversed
102 of 110  -   Report This Post

rocky7

15th October 2023, 14:45
Very happy to have got off a plane in Singapore waiting for a connection to see this thread has continued and mostly about one clue. I feel that's what this forum is here for.

On to Adelaide where I shall begin Everyman. Great work everyone. My Saturdays would not be the same if you were not all there. 😄
103 of 110  -   Report This Post

roof

15th October 2023, 15:09
Hi Jazzgirl

It is so obvious when you explain it like that. My friend hadn't parsed it either. Now I shall be able to explain it to her.

My back is tons better today. I've managed to finish deadheading my very high climbing rose using my brilliant 3 legged ladder.

Rocky7, I always think of you just down the road from me in Devon - not the other side of the world!
104 of 110  -   Report This Post

dhope

15th October 2023, 15:31
Hi everyone, was out yesterday so just finished . Always check to see how Geeker and Brendan are rating the crossword . Was not very confident about finishing when I read “difficult and a challenge”. I thought it was great , a good mix of clues.
COD 2/3 with 24.
FOI 5a of course
LOI 1a
Thanks to Philistine .
105 of 110  -   Report This Post

rocky7

15th October 2023, 15:42
Roof. It was a train from Teignmouth to Paddington. Elizabeth Line to Heathrow. Heathrow to Singapore. Waiting to board Singapore to adelaide. It's a long old haul, I have no idea what time it is but I'm sure it will be a great trip. My sister-in-law has only lived there for 15 years and this is our first visit.

Next Saturday will be odd for me on here for sure.
106 of 110  -   Report This Post

neko99

15th October 2023, 15:52
In a major surprise to myself. I managed it! Took an age, and I was stumped and had to walk away a few times. But I got there in the end. Particularly proud because I am full of cold, and my head is a bit befuddled.

But thanks to Philistine for a very entertaining work out.
107 of 110  -   Report This Post

dhope

15th October 2023, 17:13
Very envious, Australia is my second home my younger son lives in NSW and I spend part of the year there. Adelaide is a beautiful city with a delightful cricket ground although like all the grounds in OZ it has been extended.Be sure to visit the market!
Look forward to hearing from you next week.
108 of 110  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th October 2023, 18:33
Hi roof
I've only just checked in as we had visitors here all day.
Good to see you are getting back to normal,even up a ladder !
109 of 110  -   Report This Post

feebee

15th October 2023, 19:54
Finally finished.
LOI 13,18 not helped by a mistake at the start of 12d.

COD 11. Took me ages to get it and made smile once the PDM happened.

Thanks as always everyone. I’ve been a DNF the last two Saturdays so good to know my brain hasn’t completely gone. 😊
110 of 110  -   Report This Post