CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT41

bees

10th October 2010, 19:26
Finished! It was a piece of cake!..............

Like hell it was!
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

chris4food

10th October 2010, 22:11
Oh heck - I've been stuck on 1d all week!!! And still can't get it. Thought this week's was more difficult.
Anyway, 1d I've got
-e-g-
Any help, please, if anyone's still out there!!
As a matter of interest, I get the RT deivered too, and my post now doesn't arrive until 2.30pm - whatever happened to the two deliveries a day??? Long gone, I'm afraid, just like the tanner!! [or sixpence to those not so old!!]
Cheers
Chris

42 of 47  -   Report This Post

crypto

10th October 2010, 22:24
Hi Chris

Your letters are ok for 1d the answer sounds like a European (Scandinavia) but means to 'see fit'. Hope that helps.
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

mondrian

11th October 2010, 11:29
Nimrod, good to see you teasing us about the 6 shillings etc. You must be feeling a lot better. At least I hope so.

Thanks for the tip about exchange rates, Caravaggio, between new and old money. But I don`t think I will make use of it - cause too many shocked silences!! I do agree that often the asnwer to a clue will suddenly appear as if from nowhere. My brain must be working away all the time unbeknown to me!

Chris4food, I presume you have the answer for 1D by now. I think lots of people were stuck on that.

Tomorrow a new crossword ....
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th October 2010, 22:18
Hi Mondrian and Crypto, after I posted, I cheated and tried quick solve..... Deign - I kept thinking reign, feign, etc, and so forth - cheers for the help. Here's to next week's
Chris
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

mondrian

12th October 2010, 10:24
An entry just to bring us back up to the top of the list!!!!
46 of 47  -   Report This Post

charlies human

13th October 2010, 07:50

Good Morning Everyone - I've come to the RT41 forum a little late because I do like to tussle with the darn things and the new compiler really got me into some lateral thinking this week. I quite enjoy that because I find that, as someone born to the old money, I need the mental exercise! I gave in over 1d and found at the end of a delightful conversation amongst you all, the answer. So you may be hearing more from me in the future, just for the pleasure of it. But I won't start 42 until I've planted all my Spring Bulbs so no doubt you'll all have finished it before I've even started. Incidentally, Charlie is my cat and I am P. Be well, those of you who are not,P.
47 of 47  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT41