CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

22nd September 2022, 21:11
Prospero,
25 moves to 11 and 11 moves to 15.
The definitions are in Chambers. They are multiples of the theme word from 12.
Hope that helps.
31 of 35  -   Report This Post

prospero

22nd September 2022, 22:56
thanks jono. It was 18 coming from 12, and 12's definition I couldn't see ...
32 of 35  -   Report This Post

dormouses

1st October 2022, 09:42
Hi Jono - just to update, I sent an email to the address that you provided on 23rd Sept and have had no reply yet. I've bunged in my answers to this month's puzzle and just fingers crossed it's the right format. I guess we'll find out soon, but if anyone ever gets any enlightenment, I hope that they'll post it on this thread.
33 of 35  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd October 2022, 13:47
Hi dormouses,
I posted this query on the 225 blog and received this response from a user called Crossbar which I think clarifies…

“Jay@4 your question about what to enter in the online form pops up regularly, and was answered in the blog for Genius 162 as follows:

” The solution to be entered in the solution form is the word or sequence of letters that is required for entry in the grid. It matters not if hyphens and spaces are included or left out. Nor does upper or lower case lettering matter.
And you are right. A small selection of potential winners is randomly selected from the file where they are all stored and then the solutions are manually checked until the first correct one emerges. “

I think this should be made clear in the preamble to the crosswords as it puzzles many people, including myself until I came across the above explanation.”
34 of 35  -   Report This Post

dormouses

18th October 2022, 08:13
Hi Jono - sorry for taking so long to reply but thank you very much! I never got any reply to my emails to the Guardian so this is greatly appreciated.
I agree with you too - it would be so helpful if they put it on the crossword site as it does seem to be a FAQ.
35 of 35  -   Report This Post