CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hotelwhiskey7

31st July 2022, 07:33
Quick shout out to silent [movie star] with the misdirection of [silent movie] star.

Nice detail.
61 of 65  -   Report This Post

drjax

31st July 2022, 09:10
Only finished this the next morning when I realised I’d entered 6&8 the wrong way around….doh! Note to self - pay more attention Jax!
62 of 65  -   Report This Post

weeviv

31st July 2022, 10:13
Paul is not my favourite setter. I often find his surfaces too cumbersome and I can’t be bothered to engage with them. But I found this quite different and really enjoyed it. Some witty clues where you had to be really alert to the parsing possibilities eg 14 and 29, enough easy answers to encourage you onwards, and some, for me, LOL answers - Queens, male mogs and the Prince of Darkness. I even finished it, with a bit of nudging from this forum, which I always consult once I’m really stuck. But I can’t see the parsing of 16d. Since no one else has mentioned it I must be being dense!
63 of 65  -   Report This Post

jono

31st July 2022, 10:21
Hi Weeviv,
16 first three letters a reversal of a word for track. Last two letters abbr. “what else can I say?”
64 of 65  -   Report This Post

weeviv

31st July 2022, 23:36
Thanks, Joni. Quite a nice clue, really
65 of 65  -   Report This Post