CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

29th September 2010, 20:12
I can't speak for Stan but I wouldn't be surprised if he is good with colours,if you know what I mean.
I find it impossible to take crosswords too seriously. They are (or should be) fun and that's it. The same principles apply to all of them but I must admit that when you need some really obscure dictionary definition to confirm an answer is right I rather lose interest.
41 of 51  -   Report This Post

jeffc

29th September 2010, 22:37
Thanks Trevor. Can't think why Internet Anagram Server didn't come up with anything.
Perhaps I was too harsh earlier; in general I have seen much better crosswords from Araucaria than this one. Also, it should be noted that the presence of 'easier clues' does not help in the jigsaw style as you can't be certain where anything goes until you've solved all of them from the clues alone.
42 of 51  -   Report This Post

ajt

29th September 2010, 23:03
I have completed many of Araucaria's jigsaw crosswords, and it seems that the clues are usually far easier to solve than in his normal cryptic crosswords - the point is to fit the answers into the grid.
43 of 51  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th September 2010, 23:16
I think the the presence of 'easier clues'helps a lot(maybe even more than in a conventional xword)because jigsaw style is hard to start,and Araucaria judges it well.
Guesstimation can play a part and obviously you need more than a few answers(the more the merrier)to get going.
I am drunk again,like i was last summer,but you knows i loves you jeffy?
44 of 51  -   Report This Post

tanya

29th September 2010, 23:19
Get to bed , Trevor!
45 of 51  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th September 2010, 23:22
...and terry and AJT, you pair of ...
xx
46 of 51  -   Report This Post

eric

29th September 2010, 23:22
Here's a first - I agree with everything Terry says... One of the worst is the Spectator which usually has some challenging clues then leaves you to trawl through the search engines to turn up whatever obscure trivia has taken the compiler's fancy this week. No thanks.Why not make all the lights clued?
47 of 51  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th September 2010, 23:25
...and you too Tanya.
wilco,off i trot.
48 of 51  -   Report This Post

terry

29th September 2010, 23:25
Trevor,
Is it true that you are Brad Pitt's brother;Cess Pitt.

OMG.I shouldn't have said that. Grovelling apology.
49 of 51  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th September 2010, 23:28
Kiss Kiss Eric! x x
mwoa
50 of 51  -   Report This Post