CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

eric

24th September 2010, 17:47
Incognito Treverry? - another great idea! Do you mean The Riddler? Or maybe The Joker? Ixion perhaps? Or possibly Bullfrog? How about a random set of initials?
I think we should be told.
21 of 31  -   Report This Post

the joker

24th September 2010, 17:56
Eric
I am the Joker.
I have never posted on this site under any other name,nor will I any time in the future.
I would dearly like some form of security to be introduced to the site.
22 of 31  -   Report This Post

philip

24th September 2010, 18:37
The problem with registering is that it puts the casual visitor off. I once registered with AB, but immediately forgot my username, as someone else had already registered mine, so I have never bothered.
Really, the only way is to ignore them completely. We know who he/they is/are and he/they knows that we know (sounds like a RT clue (4))
PHILIP
23 of 31  -   Report This Post

terry

24th September 2010, 19:10
Philip,
The trouble is that you don't know who he/she,them/it is. Stan is smart enough to ring the changes in both names and styles. Registering wouldn't necessarily put him off either; a great ride until he got chucked out.
But registering would largely stop the regulars morphing into anonymous poison-acid mode.
24 of 31  -   Report This Post

crypto

24th September 2010, 19:42
I agree with Trevor and Terry - they are both guilty! (And yes I'm sure they are different people)

Joking apart, by post 24 the discussion about the pros and cons of registration has gone full circle and I'm very much in the camp of ignore the oddballs and they will eventually go away.
25 of 31  -   Report This Post

eric

24th September 2010, 19:50
Tell me Crypto, does someone who can write 'I am the Joker' (see above) qualify as an oddball? If not, who does?
26 of 31  -   Report This Post

crypto

24th September 2010, 20:00
Eric, in my opinion frankly no. We could have an interesting debate about the term oddball and I may not have used the best word. The issue in this thread is that folk have been upset by some of the recent postings. There is nothing in The Joker's post that I think will upset or offend anyone.
27 of 31  -   Report This Post

stan

24th September 2010, 20:03
in stan and sometimes sue thats all
28 of 31  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th September 2010, 05:42
Eric - i think you are missing the point(re your post,#21,on this thread)
what terry and others seem to want is consistancy in a users UserName,(you probably aren't Eric or Ernie or Xavier,all names which i think you may have used,(you're not Honoria as well are you?))

So as long as "The Joker" is always the one,and the only "The Joker" on this forum (and long may he continue to be)then that is fine - it isn't incognito or oddball,(it's just coincidental that he is an oddball ♥uTJ
♥©Mamya).

I think that proof of UserName can only be achieved/enforced if there is someone willing to spend time and money to completely overhaul the site and also have somebody willing to give up a lot of free time to be the moderator(presumably the person who will have spent time and money and would then have the right to ban people, or at least ban certain ip addresses).
Also,as PHILIP says,we would all have to register.

hopefully i am wrong here - Big Dave
or John from Arran will know more.
Until then i'll try not to be a git.

29 of 31  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th September 2010, 06:13
ignore the moderator stuff that i mentioned(that is for live chat rooms,hic).
30 of 31  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » mystery