CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

24th September 2010, 01:27
Guilty.
i shall try not to respond anymore.
Can i point out tho,that the post from The Riddler is more insulting and angrier and hides - "you know who you are" - more than any recent post i have read.
Any forum that allows discussion will have some idiots commenting.
as i say, I won't feed the Trolls anymore.
11 of 31  -   Report This Post

eric

24th September 2010, 01:38
But do you speak for both of you Treverry?
12 of 31  -   Report This Post

trevor

24th September 2010, 01:42
Grrr...
13 of 31  -   Report This Post

chrisg

24th September 2010, 06:08
I agree with you all. Ignore them. Given that these posts start to appear in the evening I suspect that alcohol (excessive amounts of) is responsible. You wont find me on here after 5pm because I prefer to spend the evening with my family. So if you see any comments from me...they aint !
14 of 31  -   Report This Post

sallyw

24th September 2010, 10:14
Yes let's try and make this a snark - free zone!
15 of 31  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

24th September 2010, 10:29
They're more to be pitied than scorned -- after all, their lives are so dull, dreary and empty that they can only find companionship on a site in which they have no interest, annoying people they'll never meet!
16 of 31  -   Report This Post

terry

24th September 2010, 16:19
If the charge is Feeding The Trolls,then as far as Stan is concerned I'm as guilty as a very guilty person.
But isn't an important point being overlooked. People like Stan simply exploit the main weakness of this site. The ability to go multi-personality on an entirely unpoliced site. And let's face it,plenty of the regulars morph into someone else when it suits them. Unless users are required to register Stan and others like him are bound to appear from time to time.
I also find it hard to understand how someone can object to the comments dished out to Stan while ignoring the things he's said. One person who has done this recently told another poster that they were too thick to do a particular quiz. So how does that work then. It also seems to be acceptable for one regular (in morph mode of course) to call others abominable sodomists. So that's alright then. Another regular routinely refers to "windowlickers",but no harm in that,eh.

Finally,it's not as if this site is chock-full of crossword questions most evenings. So just occasionally the odd fruitbat livens things up. The pity with the likes of Stan is that they are one trick ponies,don't really have anything to say and outstay their welcome. But there is no genuine nastiness-on either side. Stan has his fun causing chaos,some of us (oh,ok then,mainly me)have fun making jokes about him. It might be a bit irritating to most but it's a win/win situation for Stan and people like me (when I'm in the mood).
17 of 31  -   Report This Post

ajt

24th September 2010, 16:33
Sorry Terry - I can't agree with most of what you say. A lot of the time we're not talking about harmless fun, and gentle ribbing. There have been many unpleasant exchanges which have made me, and I'm sure some others, think that I'd really prefer not to participate any more. Call me a stick-in-the-mud if you wish, but I feel quite sure I'm not the only one.
18 of 31  -   Report This Post

terry

24th September 2010, 17:41
AJT,
I would not be surprised if you disagree with all of my last paragraph. And I suppose I would have to agree that it shows how childish I can be.
But the point I am making is that while Stan may be annoying and rude he is mindless and not viciously personal. The really nasty personal stuff,like the few examples I gave, usually comes from regulars, often incognito because they know it's OTT. This could be more or less stopped instantly by a registered user system.
19 of 31  -   Report This Post

ajt

24th September 2010, 17:45
Terry - absolutely - I'm 100% with you there
20 of 31  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » mystery