CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sallyw

23rd September 2010, 17:05
Can anybody explain to me why there are so many snarky posts on the forum lately? What has happened to the good humour of certain people? I always liked this forum not only for the helpfulness of the people who use it, but the humour and occasional gentle teasing, yet lately it has become a forum for vitriol and personal attacks. If someone posts something that is an affront to someone else - ignore it. Life's too short to go carting round so much anger.
1 of 31  -   Report This Post

the riddler

23rd September 2010, 17:11
Sally, I quite agree with you. I've posted on the same subject in the past. I don't even bother to read most of the posts nowadays as the little cowards sitting in front of their computer screens don't seem to be willing to go away. I'd be willing to bet they're no so fiesty or nasty when they are speaking to real people face to face. So if your'e reading this and you think I'm talking about you then I probably am. Go away and spoil some other forum.
2 of 31  -   Report This Post

sallyw

23rd September 2010, 17:17
Thank you Riddler. It's just a small minority of petty-minded people with noting better to do. I think I'll take my own advice and just not read them any more.
3 of 31  -   Report This Post

ajt

23rd September 2010, 17:19
I'm so glad you've voiced this, Sallyw. There has been so much bad feeling on the forum lately. If they don't like it, why don't they just go away - not spoil something that aims to help and give pleasure to people. The trouble is, I think, that it's far too easy to hide behind a pseudonym and give offense. To my way of thinking, the only way to deal with these perverse people - or one perverse person - is to refrain from responding in any way at all. They want reactions, otherwise it's no amusement to them.
4 of 31  -   Report This Post

the joker

23rd September 2010, 17:30
I totally agree with the three of you.
I admit that occasionally I have been lured into responding,when I should have known better.
It is difficult at times,but I will try to curb my reactions in the future.
5 of 31  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd September 2010, 20:48
I now try to back away and ignore the nasty posts, if we all stick to that maybe they will go and bait elsewhere.
Rest assured though that us regulars are still here and as pleasant and helpful as ever, even with a bit of gentle fun thrown in.

Mamya ♥
6 of 31  -   Report This Post

stan

23rd September 2010, 21:06
people are continually nasty to me and in my condition
7 of 31  -   Report This Post

karen

23rd September 2010, 21:30
Agree,Ignore, and they will leave x
8 of 31  -   Report This Post

karen

23rd September 2010, 21:48
Sorry, dont agree,just ignore! STAN
9 of 31  -   Report This Post

ixion

23rd September 2010, 22:48
Ignoring the dodgy posts is definitely the best policy - (although I have occasionally fallen into the trap of responding)- any response is an encouragement.
10 of 31  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » mystery