CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

daffydog

29th September 2010, 18:51
Q19. Paris is not the French one! Think of a famous Paris and then his old lady + abbreviation for ambassador.
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

darrensma

29th September 2010, 22:03
Surely that island needs a Saint in front of it? Or is there another one?
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

daffydog

29th September 2010, 22:13
No - it's not his wife but his old woman!
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

30th September 2010, 13:01
Thanks for the above guidance re 10. I got 33 during insomnia last night and an early morning consultation with Chambers gave me a word I'd never heard before. I'd welcome guidance as to the line to follow re 46 as its driving me and my partner nuts.

The answer to 19 is within Hamlet's speech on the arrival of the players. Tr(o)y reading it.
22 starts with the theme letter followed by a word Chambers (C) defines as 'a recess cut into a printing plate' giving a word C defines as a 'write-off'.
You might have a knees up once you solve 34 then go outside if you have planking once you get 77 (quite a coincidence that entries have to be in by 30 November but don't laugh when reading the start of the clue).
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

30th September 2010, 13:07
Sorry; hadn't realised that a second page had started when writing the last thread.
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

darrensma

30th September 2010, 16:46
Will work on your hints for my missing answers this evening so thanks in advance. no. 46 is yet another word that I had not heard of. Very straightforward clue. Think of a very short word for an old man who took 'no' and then another short word for tea. Got it, sugar!!
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

quidnunc

1st October 2010, 14:44
Thanks for the clue Darrensma. Took a few minutes to sink in but its finally clicked. I spent 2 weeks in Mexico a few years back but - relying on hotels and restaurants - didn't go into any foodshops where I might have seen the local sugar.
Hope you've now understood my clues.It doesn't seem etiquette on answer sites to give answers or clues that are too obvious but if you need any further hints don't hesitate to ask.
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

darrensma

1st October 2010, 19:00
Yes, quidnunc, I have now solved the last four, thanks to you. Two were obvious once I had got the answers but I think I would have still been thinking about the other two at the end of November!!
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

taijen

4th October 2010, 19:57
Just completing the writing out ready to send it away and realised I'm not sure if number 2 ends in A or O. Can't believe it as I finished it weeks ago. Any help please?
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

taijen

5th October 2010, 23:41
please ignore that ridiculous question about A train.....was definitely extremely tired and had no idea what I was talking about. see all my quiz friends again in May. Good luck
20 of 20  -   Report This Post