CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT36

mich

3rd September 2010, 20:44
thank you Karen, for the confirmation and explanation! I have only just begun cryptic crosswords- am getting better, but sometimes need a bit of extra assistance.
The RT thread is never dull! Esp lately.
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

nimrod

3rd September 2010, 23:53
Hi Crypto, read your commments and can see your point of view. I suppose it all comes down to your state of mind when answering the clues!! But still perplexed by the use of the word "unexpected" in 18a??
Old Gal , watch out for little men in green: don't try and bring them home as souvenirs!!!
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

mondrian

4th September 2010, 09:50
Hi Mich and welcome. Like you I used to read these RT threads and then decided to join in and now really look forward to this weekly correspondence.

We haven`t heard from John (from Arran). Hope he is ok.
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

karen gardner

4th September 2010, 10:47
Morning all!
Hi Nimrod,re-18a I think the setter used "unexpected" to indicate "raids" being an anagram of the last part of the answer.
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

nimrod

4th September 2010, 11:04
Good morning all.
Welcome to Mich - this thread has certainly helped my cryptic crossword skills.
Thanks Karen, that would make sense!
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

mondrian

6th September 2010, 10:55
Good morning all. Anyone else filled in the Radio Times survey? I asked for more crosswords!! It is always the thing I go to first. See you later in the week no doubt.
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

butterfly

6th September 2010, 17:22
Late again - this seems to be the thing with me but this time I've got an excuse. Been on holiday to Kent and also took in the charity show at the London Palladium last Sunday put on by all the staff who work there - did anyone else see it? It was marvellous. Anyway managed to get the crossword done but like several of you got the answers then had to fit them in with the clues, some rather devious I thought.
37 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT36