CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

22nd August 2010, 09:20
Not available yet on Guardian site? has anyone got a newspaper copy?
1 of 39  -   Report This Post

ajt

22nd August 2010, 10:10
Hello S - Not a good day for crosswords:- as you say, no Azed, the Times site gives the same Mephisto as last week(but it is this week's number) and I've just tried to submit my completed Times crypric, and it froze the PC! I think I'll give up.
2 of 39  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

22nd August 2010, 10:11
Morning AJT - the times cryptic seemed very straightforward today! Are you in the Times Crossword Club? What do you get for the money?
3 of 39  -   Report This Post

ajt

22nd August 2010, 10:22
Apart from the frozen PC, you get access to all of the Tims and Sunday Times crosswords, plus a monthly special. It hasn't been a very reliable site - witness confusion over last week's Mephisto, and this kind of thing has happened before. They do say, however, that they are reorganising the site, and that it will soon be better, and giving subscribers an extra month's use free. I find it convenient because I can get the xwords early, and I can't always get out to buy the paper.
4 of 39  -   Report This Post

ajt

22nd August 2010, 10:28
S - I've just got this week's Azed On their site, go into the archive search, by filling in Aug, you can get it.
5 of 39  -   Report This Post

clevertask

22nd August 2010, 10:37
re 1995 by Archive search: excellent - worthy of your clue solving prowess.
I did 1994 last week - first time I've tried an AZED, most enjoyable
6 of 39  -   Report This Post

ajt

22nd August 2010, 10:40
Thank you for your kind words Clvertask - you've greatly improved my Sunday morning.
7 of 39  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

22nd August 2010, 10:46
Thanks AJT - I'll have a go at it later - off to my badminton now!
8 of 39  -   Report This Post

clevertask

22nd August 2010, 18:01
Well, all done with 1995. Just a couple of doubts concerning 4d & 28d. What do you people think? I love the things you learn doing the AZED - it's an education in itself.
Back to the Observer Killer sudoku now - third attempt! Almost there and then I have two ones on the same row.
9 of 39  -   Report This Post

ajt

22nd August 2010, 18:28
Hi Clevertask - I too feel worried about 4d. Nowhere can I find it as an alternative spelling or Chubb - nor can I find hub as meaning skirt. However, I don't see what else it can be.

No problem with 28d - Chambers gives bice as blue or green paint.
10 of 39  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Azed 1995