CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

11th August 2010, 09:35
Thanks AJT and Caravaggio
I'd managed to do 1d after getting 10a
and I think I've worked out 17d okay, as you said Caravaggio, AJT didn't have the clue! I did, but didn't have the answer!!
Still not too sure about 23a though, I've got 'neon', ne - north east [directions] with 'on' following, but it's not a good clue to my way of thinking..... but then if I've got it wrong???
31 of 49  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

11th August 2010, 10:04
Yes, you're right, I've got neon too.
32 of 49  -   Report This Post

robert larcombe

11th August 2010, 13:38
I have read your comments re the Radio Times crossword 33 but would appreciate the answers to:-
21ac "Fancy an unending state" (??????)
2d "Observe pair in European river" (?P???)
17d "Noisy game packed with yearning" (???????)
20d "Nuisance losing front of former list"
33 of 49  -   Report This Post

philip

11th August 2010, 14:44
Robert
If you read earlier in this thread, you will find either the answers or additional clues
PHILIP
PS I have only just started - a day late- and it seems to be getting worse insofar as crummy clues are concerned. Reminds me of those winter Tuesdays when we were all fuming at the poor construct of the clues. I am struggling with the top right hand corner, but getting there
PHILIP
34 of 49  -   Report This Post

karen

11th August 2010, 15:05
Hi Robert 20d (B)ind-nuisance ex-former, list index
35 of 49  -   Report This Post

chris4food

11th August 2010, 15:08
Hi Philip, it's funny how people deal with these puzzles, isn't it, and what they see straight away, and others they puzzle over for ages. I actualy found the r/h corner the easiest... but struggled with some of the others..
Good luck with it....
Chris
36 of 49  -   Report This Post

philip

11th August 2010, 15:30
Chris
Quite often a wrong answer hinders one. For example being clever, I put SINGAPORE for 6d and that has messed everything up. I looked at "a sign" and didnt really work the rest out, being anxious to move on. Still have not got 6d as my mind keeps going back to Singapore, but working on it. Only 5 to do, so its taken me about an hour.
PHILIP
37 of 49  -   Report This Post

philip

11th August 2010, 17:55
Finally finished it and did not enjoy it a bit this week. I take on board Torvic's comments about anagrams. I completely missed 4d and it was the last one i got. Struggled with 6d, as posted earlier. However, having said that the construct of the clue was good. Thought he could have done a much better clue for 9a
PHILIP
38 of 49  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

11th August 2010, 17:56
Hi Philip,
Welcome to the fray this week. By way of a rather obtuse clue, have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marker_pen">this Wikipedia page and see if you can deduce anything about a sign from it.
39 of 49  -   Report This Post

philip

11th August 2010, 20:12
Thanks John. It was probably more helpful to me than the actual clue. As I said earlier I had Singapore as a dead cert, and you know how the mind works. It was only when I couldnt do anything around it, I started to question myself.
PHILIP
40 of 49  -   Report This Post