CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

big dave

24th July 2010, 09:52
This puzzle was just one part of what many of us believe to be a unique event. Although the setter in the Times is anonymous I can reveal that it was set by John Henderson and published on the day of his wedding to Jane Teather. John also had wedding-themed puzzles published in the Telegraph (as Elgar), The Guardian (as Enigmatist), The Independent (as Nimrod) and the FT (as Io) on the same day.

Drop me a line at xwordsolver @ bigdave44.com if you would like copies of these puzzles - the FT one was my personal favourite.
11 of 40  -   Report This Post

jimc

24th July 2010, 09:54
Happy Saturday All.

What a curious and delightful thread this has been so far!

I'm hoping for more plot twists & turns, so keep the posts coming Chris! Please don't let this thread fade away.

JimC
12 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris

24th July 2010, 12:30
Thanks JimC! I'll do my best and I'm sure that as long as Trevor keeps eercising his foreskin rather than his forebrain, this thread has got plenty of mileage in it.
13 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris

24th July 2010, 12:39
By the way Trevor, where was the ambiguity in the header for this thread? Iwould have thought 'Solvers Only' was self evident and if that didn't apply to you, then why did you:
a) Read it?
b) Bother to comment on it?
c) Keep coming back to it?
14 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

24th July 2010, 12:42
Nobody likes to be excluded, do they? I have to tell you, I only did the xword so that I could answer your queries.
15 of 40  -   Report This Post

jimc

24th July 2010, 12:48
That made me laugh AJT :)

BW
JimC
16 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris

24th July 2010, 12:49
I'm glad that i'm a driving force behind the sombody's reason to tackle the Times cryptic AJT!
Did you ever work out the wordplay for IMPOST as I sure as hell can't?
17 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

24th July 2010, 12:50
I hoped it might, JimC - quite true, though
18 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

24th July 2010, 12:52
Yes, Chris, it came to me eventually. They-re PRE tax, I'm POST
19 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris

24th July 2010, 12:57
Brilliant thinking AJT! Thanks! From Both of Me.
20 of 40  -   Report This Post