CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tony

8th July 2010, 11:17
Yes Sudokolover I missed that!

Fortunately it doesn't make any real difference.
Poor editing of his own work by Doc.
21 of 30  -   Report This Post

xwordman

8th July 2010, 14:19
I am still no nearer with the theme (unless it's something to do with changing 3 letters? but I can't even do that) can someone please put me out of my misery??
22 of 30  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

8th July 2010, 14:39
I think the "3" are in alphabetical order in reverse. Are the unclued lights connected at all?
23 of 30  -   Report This Post

leslie

8th July 2010, 14:51
Sorry xwordman; was trying to help. The only connection between the unclued lights that I can see is that they are the only ones to fit the blank spaces.
24 of 30  -   Report This Post

melissaj

8th July 2010, 15:00
Any help for me please - re my earlier posting 26d?
25 of 30  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th July 2010, 15:30
Melissaj - 26d is quite an easy one. Looking back I see you have ?u???ng. The first three letters are short for an old measure of distance - 8 to a mile. The last four are just another word for a band - and you already have ??ng.
26 of 30  -   Report This Post

melissaj

8th July 2010, 15:57
Ah- I get it now - I was getting confused thinking furlong for 8 in a mile instead of fur + other bit. All sorted now!
27 of 30  -   Report This Post

laura

8th July 2010, 19:42
Hi, sorry to be one step behind everyone else, but I just cannot pick up the theme on this one. I've filled most of my grid, but the pattern is eluding me. Any help would be gratefully recieved. I thought it was too good to be true that I hadn't needed to pick k's brain about the Ev this week!!
Many thanks
laura.x
28 of 30  -   Report This Post

k

8th July 2010, 19:48
Hi Laura

Well done on EV!

three letters in the unclued lights are reversed in alphabetical order - 'Three back'
i.e 8d eCBAtana

17d FEDora
29 of 30  -   Report This Post

laura

8th July 2010, 19:59
Thanks k. I felt quite proud of myself on the ev. I've said before I'm learning from the master. I'll go and play with the alphabet now for this one.
Thanks again k, have a nice weekend, if I don't pester you again before!
Laura.x
30 of 30  -   Report This Post