CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

29th June 2010, 15:30
A nice one this week with no obscure clues. No more than 25 minutes for devotees. There are quite a few good clues, by my personal choice for the best clue is:

3D A Tinseltown film about Betty's friend (5,10)
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

philip

29th June 2010, 16:19
Hijohn
Quite agree. 3d was a splendid clue
PHILIP
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

29th June 2010, 18:02
Well you came scorching out of the blocks, John!
Done and dusted in under half an hour and I too thought that there were some amusing clues this week and 3d is probably the best of them.
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

30th June 2010, 14:23
Hi all,
The first three threads were not much Crossword Help, as, like the constipated accountant I worked it out in pencil and THEN saw it was an
anagram starting with 'w', as were 14 starting with 'f' and 19 with 's'. Will now be able to have a go at the right-hand side of No.27 as there is nothing on the TV until Friday (for John??)
Be good.
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th June 2010, 14:57
"with a" pencil, surely.
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

chris4food

30th June 2010, 16:41
Hi all, don't knock it - it usually takes me ages to complete - and then with some assistance... So it was great I completed it all on my own, during Tuesday afternoon - that was whilst watching the footie AND having a nap. Yayy - there's still life in the old dog.... To be honest, I thought this week's was relatively easy if I could complete it so quickly....
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

butterfly

1st July 2010, 23:45
Managed this one fairly quickly too - and didn't get stuck on the last clue like I usually do. Funny, 3d was the first one I got and I agree it was a good clue.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

3rd July 2010, 18:36
Hi,
Took me a leisurely 50 mins. It took me a while to get started but no major problems. Some good clues:
1d 3d 8a 12a 14a. Don't really want a Blu-ray player so its a bit pointless...
DG
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

nimrod

3rd July 2010, 19:22
Finished in about 50 mins last night. Took the disappointment out of having watched Murray soundly beaten by an excellent opponent. Felt right chuffed with myself, until I read the comments that most found it easy and straight forward! Never mind, at least I didn't get stuck in one of the corners, as usually happens. 3d was a good clue but one of the first I got. As an historian from the Midlands, I liked 4d and 16d.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd July 2010, 22:49
As and old gal from the midlands, please give me a little extra clue for 4d - am stuck with this - think its an anagram but no success.
10 of 14  -   Report This Post