CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

4th March 2018, 15:11
I have about half the grid filled but I am stuck. I have got the 2 stars in the right and left columns, but I dont watch films so am struggling. Even I know they were in "The Odd Couple", but I cant see any connection with bottom row or title.

It must be a cryptic clue - anagram of couple - to give one of the other surnames - Peucol?

I have got S* me ***** th*t

maybe - same car as that - perhaps a phrase from the film - I dont know - never seen it.
1 of 35  -   Report This Post

malone

4th March 2018, 15:14
Your bottom row is right so far. I don't know what you mean about 'couple', I don't think that's anything to do with the theme! The other two names are not in straight lines.

I have never seen the film, but it is very, very famous.

2 of 35  -   Report This Post

jigjag

4th March 2018, 15:22
Malone, thanks

I meant that if "The Odd Couple " is the film - and I know it is famous because it is one of the few I have heard of - perhaps "the Odd" was the anagram indicator to jumble "Couple" - to give a 6- letter surmame of one of the other entries
3 of 35  -   Report This Post

malone

4th March 2018, 15:26
Thanks, jigjag, I see your reasoning now.
If there are any clues you're struggling with, post again.
4 of 35  -   Report This Post

manic mary

4th March 2018, 16:53
Think very late 50's films, very famous leading star but not one of the ones you have noted!
5 of 35  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

4th March 2018, 17:20
jigjag ...enter your bottom row letters in the universal crossword solver
6 of 35  -   Report This Post

jigjag

4th March 2018, 18:12
xwordfan - thanks but what is it and how do you access it?
7 of 35  -   Report This Post

malone

4th March 2018, 18:18
Jigjag, it's an assistance/cheat website . Google will take you there. Once you put in the letters you have, you should be given some possibilities for your answer.
8 of 35  -   Report This Post

jigjag

4th March 2018, 18:18
malone - thanks for your offer. I have got a few more but am baffled by the London football one. I have ***m. It must be a nickname - thought at first it might be spur, but the m seems right. Dont know any pop duos except Sonny and Cher. Cher/spur might be possible after very difficult clues and errors of late
9 of 35  -   Report This Post

jigjag

4th March 2018, 18:20
malone - thanks again. My last posting was a reply to your earlier one
10 of 35  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1320