CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jws

15th December 2017, 21:40
Well done ixion and thanks to Aristo for the words to clue
Thanks to pigalle for the vote and dorrien and mattrom for the mention
61 of 78  -   Report This Post

mattrom

15th December 2017, 21:58
Well done, Ixion. Thanks to Rossim for the vote and to Ginge and Aristo for the mention.
Thanks for hosting, Aristo - what is the movie? I can't access it from the link.
62 of 78  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

15th December 2017, 22:07
Congratulations Ixion
Cheers Aristo for hosting and Pigale and Jws for the mentions
Sorry I never quite made it to vote
63 of 78  -   Report This Post

rosalind

15th December 2017, 22:11
Hi mattrom

You can access the movie if you copy and paste the whole link. It seems rather weird at first because it is in Japanese. All is made clear if you continue to watch after the end of the movie to see the explanation in English.

It brought Greyfriar's Bobby to mind. While I was at Edinburgh some (other!) students stole his statue. I think they were in quite serious hot water.

Prefer diamonds myself!!
64 of 78  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th December 2017, 22:17
It's "Hachi: A Dog's Tale", and the clip is just the end of the movie. It shouldn't be in Japanese though! It's should be in English. The original one was in Japanese. I'll try again.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=scene+from+hachi+youtube&view=detail&mid=2986DB3A181CF12073F02986DB3A181CF12073F0&FORM=VIRE
65 of 78  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th December 2017, 22:24
The last four letters are VIRE, but when I copy and paste just what's showing I get the video. It's the version with Richard Gere and Joan Allen and Jason Alexander (from Seinfeld).
66 of 78  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

15th December 2017, 22:32
Nice one, Ixion! Great clue, (that's why I voted for it), and thanks for your vote. Many thanks, also, to Paul and Dorrien for the votes, and to Ginge and SteveA for the mentions. Always appreciated. Cheers, Aristo, for hosting and for your kind mention.
67 of 78  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

15th December 2017, 23:07
Congratulations ixion and thanks to aristo for hosting. Also thanks to pigale for the mention.
68 of 78  -   Report This Post

rossim

15th December 2017, 23:13
Congrats Ixion, well deserved.
Thanks Aristo for hosting and Mattrom for the mention. Really appreciated as I wasn't in the competition this week.
69 of 78  -   Report This Post

ixion

15th December 2017, 23:20
Thanks aristo, thanks guys....I started watching the prize at Dailym after googling...not sure I'm able to watch stuff about lost puppies without bubbling either!
70 of 78  -   Report This Post