CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

simond9x

5th September 2017, 11:38
The latter ie. with the 9 clashes resolved
31 of 59  -   Report This Post

simond9x

5th September 2017, 13:16
puzzledpom

Those were among my last ones in and it took ages for me to see.

19 - you really need to think laterally on this one. The previous hints are accurate but also serve to reinforce Qaos's brilliant misdirection. Once you see it, it falls neatly into place.

29 - the wordplay is actually very straightforward but the solution is pretty obscure and certainly not in most dictionaries or even Google. This threw me until I looked in Chambers - the only place I've actually found it. If you think you have an answer from the wordplay, but can't confirm it with a dictionary, try "the consistent formula" on it and see what happens.
32 of 59  -   Report This Post

notrab

5th September 2017, 16:17
Just to add to my two earlier posts referring to abbreviations they were obviously incorrect guesses. Heavens above, I now have the answer and by some strange chance the letter is the same one that I had derived using my abbreviation theory (or, of course, I might be wrong for a second time!). Apologies if my earlier guesses mislead any contributors.
33 of 59  -   Report This Post

puzzledpom

5th September 2017, 19:35
Thanks.

Even after the 19d light-bulb moment , and a bit of simple maths, it took quite a search to get the variants for 29a.

All done.
34 of 59  -   Report This Post

david w

6th September 2017, 07:42
The first five went in without a thought. The last five are more resistant. I'd be glad of help with 13a, 25a, 19d, 22d, and 24d
35 of 59  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

6th September 2017, 09:16
13ac - definition is remove charge, word for gods plus anagram
19a. - centre is IN Birmingham not in the word
25ac - definition is dyestuff, member of a religion minus H plus word for nothing

Hope that helps
36 of 59  -   Report This Post

kirky

6th September 2017, 09:30
22d you need a disney character puppet who tells lies
37 of 59  -   Report This Post

david w

6th September 2017, 09:59
Thank you both. I'll see how that goes!
38 of 59  -   Report This Post

david w

6th September 2017, 10:50
Well with thanks to teenieleek and kirky that's two of my three done, and another clash resolved. Still can't get the ones involving dyestuff, Birmingham, or the instrument. Never mind. Time to give up.
39 of 59  -   Report This Post

kirky

6th September 2017, 11:06
for the dyestuff one Hindu is the religious person lose the H, then add on NIL reversed to get a dye
40 of 59  -   Report This Post