CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sunray

4th September 2017, 20:10
24d. One =I = Me?

26. Sinning, S and G are outsiders and move in.
21 of 29  -   Report This Post

jigjag

5th September 2017, 13:57
Thanks sunray - did not think of that
22 of 29  -   Report This Post

jeroboam

6th September 2017, 09:20
Sorry to butt in here. First time I've been on here but been doing these for years. I just can't get to the answer for 14a. Got everything else in. If I'm right I've got 4 consecutive vowels for 2nd to 5th letters.
23 of 29  -   Report This Post

kirky

6th September 2017, 09:23
nuevo leon... the V came from 5d reVs
24 of 29  -   Report This Post

jeroboam

6th September 2017, 11:50
Thanks Kirky. I'd got 5d wrong. Had Second (as in back) as definition with note RE + AR (RA abbreviation reversed as suggested by opposing). Doesn't quite work, which should have stopped me putting it in.
25 of 29  -   Report This Post

manic mary

7th September 2017, 12:14
Have come to this very late and as ever, am floundering. Have only managed to find 3 of the misprinted letters (mostly thanks to all your helpful posts) but can't seem to track the others. Presume 32 & 34a have extras somewhere but blowed if I can make head 'nor tail of them. As to rows 5 & 6. I want to put the 'do' at the beginning of 19a but can't come up with a sensible answer to fit the word-play + 'not cross pol' on row 6 is messed up by my 18d which has an i where the t should be. Help please.
26 of 29  -   Report This Post

malone

7th September 2017, 12:21
18 D has a misprint - your T is fine in row 6.
19 A. Perform experiment to catch one rotting most in some parts (7)
Dotiest, rotting most... (check Chambers). It's just Do Test with an 'i' inside ('to catch one').

27 of 29  -   Report This Post

turast

7th September 2017, 12:45
Manic Mary
Extra letters are
10 Across Small island as in Chiswick ???, so I is a misprint
20 Across Abbr for crown is CR, not ch
25 Across Def could be strip of Sn. Entry is U + NINETEEN reversed without the vowels, so misprint is 2nd N
32 Across is T with SEE + O +MALE reversed, so to fit the somewhat dodgy IMHO definition, the 1st E should be an N
35 Across Location of the oldest University in Germany. Capernoity is scots word for HEAD (HEID) + ELI(old priest) + ERG(bit of work)
2Dn Def = brand. Ring as in bells reversed with B in it gives the entry so last letter is a misprint
9 Dn is very tricky Def = causing paroxysms. anagram of SALT replaces E (250) in CONVENT. T is a misprint (end letter of 19Ac DOTIEST)
11Dn Crunchy stalks (think salad) Non fleshy = DRY
16 Dn Def = Exhausting. Swoop = DIVE including even letters of rEsPoNdEnT, so N is a misprint
18 Is a source of fossil fuel (think fracking). Robust = HALE + topped by anag of LOST, so T is a misprint
24Dn The Film is GIGI and ONE is ME. So the last letter is a misprint.
29 Dn 4 letter word for mixed school, which is an abbreviation of a much longer word. The entry is hdden in seCONDary. So the N is a misprint.
28 of 29  -   Report This Post

manic mary

7th September 2017, 14:23
Thank you so much. Will now try again, at least the couple I had got were right. Many thanks again.
29 of 29  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1294