CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

11th June 2010, 20:21
quizaddict,
I apologise to you.
i still think that in most cases,hints/clues are so see through that the poster might as well just give the answer.
not so on this thread (but Dunce seems OK?)
sorry again.
11 of 51  -   Report This Post

terry

11th June 2010, 20:29
What you mean Quizaddict is that after being given an easier clue you now know what the answer is.
You have to do it from the clue presented with the puzzle to sayyou, have solved it. It would certainly make exams a tad easier if you could ask for as many hints and tips as necessary for you to be able to answer the questions.
12 of 51  -   Report This Post

quizaddict

11th June 2010, 20:29
Thanks for that I did wonder if you didnt realise they had given the answer
and I agree there are clues and clues that are really answers lol but did have to think about this clue before I got it
13 of 51  -   Report This Post

dunce

11th June 2010, 20:34
It's really very interesting how the caracole - a manouvre designed to maximise the use of cavalry-borne firearms - was superceded by the ostensibly more primitive sabre-charge.
Eh?
14 of 51  -   Report This Post

terry

11th June 2010, 20:46
Dunce,
"very interesting" doesn't really begin to describe it.
15 of 51  -   Report This Post

quizaddict

11th June 2010, 20:58
I trust that in future terry you will criticise everyone who asks for help on this site
I seem to remember a huge thread on the rainbow quiz and dont remember you objecting to that
This site makes no sense - guess its some can ask and some cant I know my place
16 of 51  -   Report This Post

terry

11th June 2010, 21:08
Quizaddict,
I am not criticizing you but if you feel that I am then I'm sorry. What you say is,of course,very true and sensible. But that doesn't alter my real point about the difference between "solving it" and "now knowing the answer".
17 of 51  -   Report This Post

calliewag

11th June 2010, 21:11
Thank you for the additional clue, quizaddict. Just to prove your point, it has made me think round the original clue a bit more, but I still haven't got it. I think that's what clues are for, and I'm very happy with that. I certainly wasn't asking for the answer.
18 of 51  -   Report This Post

nowall

12th June 2010, 00:54
Two esses in superseded Dunce, no cee
19 of 51  -   Report This Post

orthographist

12th June 2010, 01:02
Thank you nowall, not many of us left.
20 of 51  -   Report This Post