CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jws

1st July 2017, 08:20
Well done Sw and thanks to FJ. Thanks to Chrise for the mention.
61 of 73  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

1st July 2017, 09:08
I'll have a guess after all, FJ. House of Cards by Radiohead?

(What was my mistake, Chris?)
62 of 73  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st July 2017, 09:10
No mistake, sw, but it was too "Vizzy" for my taste!
63 of 73  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

1st July 2017, 10:06
Ah. Sorry for any offense. Thought I'd made some schoolboy error somewhere!
64 of 73  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st July 2017, 10:10
No offence taken, SW - as I said, it was well-constructed!
65 of 73  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

1st July 2017, 11:30
Hope you like it sw, it's from an album that gets better after every listen. IMHO

http://youtu.be/xyx5lvqKFEw
66 of 73  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

1st July 2017, 12:41
Have the album, FJ! Saw Zeppelin in 1972 when I was still at school. Could afford to go to concerts on my pocket money in those days. The stalls ticket at Green's Playhouse cost the princely sum of 1 pound (and no extortionate booking fee). I keep all the old stubs.
67 of 73  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

1st July 2017, 13:20
I was never out of the Apollo in those days. Never made it to Greens (parents woildn't let me, obviously I stopped asking and just went)
I have kept the stubs where possible, some venues never did, or i got on the guest list.
Other tricks were getting a few of us in on one ticket, the toilet at the back of the balcony looked ionto the alley. Great days
68 of 73  -   Report This Post

dorrien

1st July 2017, 16:37
Congrats SKW. Thanks Fj
69 of 73  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

1st July 2017, 16:59
Having brought my album out (I eventually put all the stubs in a photograph album), I have only just realised what an incredible month December 1972 must have been for me. Saw King Crimson on the 1st, Led Zeppelin on the 3rd, Wishbone Ash (supported by an up-and-coming young Average White Band) on the 7th and, finally, Family on the 15th. Total cost 4 pounds and 20 pence. (Had seen Emerson, Lake & Palmer the previous month but they were expensive - 1 pound 25p for the ticket). Didn't even own any Wishbone Ash or Family albums at the time.

in those days artists made money from selling records and toured to promote them. Now, it seems to me, because of streaming and downloads etc., they have to screw as much money as possible out of concert tickets and merchandise.

If a schoolboy could now do as I did on my pocket money, which was not excessive (1 or 2 pounds per week - can' t remember) I would say they're getting far too much pocket money.
70 of 73  -   Report This Post