CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

fieryjack

30th June 2017, 16:28
Cheers Rossim for the detailed explanation and Stevea the said series is well worth watching with the machinations of the main protagonist Francis Urquhart or F.U. being particuarly devilish "You might think that, I certainly couldn't comment".

As it stands after7 votes we have
Sw @ 14 with 4 votes
Mattrom @ 23 with 2 and
Mattrom @ 2 with 1
51 of 73  -   Report This Post

paul

30th June 2017, 17:29
Like several by SW and Mattrom, also The A @32, going for Steve @33 completing the suit I started....
52 of 73  -   Report This Post

les40

30th June 2017, 21:03
mattrom - POST 23

rossim, chris, my clue's parse is:

Hopeful climax from sweating = House (In Bingo, when sweating for your last number you are hopeful to get it and shout House!)

Jack's = Jack is (of or from the deck of cards)

weak erection = Def
53 of 73  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

30th June 2017, 21:31
With all the votes cast the result is as follows
with one vote Mattrom 2 and Paul 4
In third with 2 votes Stevea 33
In second with 3 votes is Mattrom 23
Our winner this week with 4 votes is Sw @ 14
Might be about to collapse, so our shitfaced drunk is losing it.

As usual on a friday my access to IT has gone but as you know I normally pick some piece of music and I think sw you'll probably know what it's going to be.
Congratulations
54 of 73  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

30th June 2017, 21:39
Well done sw. Thanks for the fun, fj.

Thanks for the votes, paul and dorrien.
55 of 73  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th June 2017, 21:44
Thanks FJ and congrats SW. I must say that I liked the construction of your clue, but.....
56 of 73  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

30th June 2017, 23:00
Congratulations sw, thanks to fj for hosting and a very challenging word(s) and also thanks to chrise & sw for the mentions.
57 of 73  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

30th June 2017, 23:04
Neighbours sent their grandchildren over earlier, ostensibly to see Skye, then Mum and Grandma also arrived in relays to severely deplete our wine stores (and also put the kybosh on our plans to visit the pub) so to find I've won this week's competition has been a welcome positive. (That was unfair. I do like these people and enjoyed their company).

Thanks, Rossim, Mattrom, SteveA and Seamus, for the votes, and SteveA (again) and Paul for the mentions. Always appreciated. Cheers, Fiery. I'm trying to think what your choice of prize might be but won't embarrass myself by trying to second-guess. Please post it when you're able.

Until next week.

Best wishes, all.
SW
58 of 73  -   Report This Post

rossim

30th June 2017, 23:24
Congrats SW, I'm pleased to have picked the winner. Thanks FJ for hosting.

@ Les Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't familiar with that definition of sweat.
Anyway, only horses do that. Men perspire and ladies glow.....so they say!
59 of 73  -   Report This Post

mattrom

1st July 2017, 00:56
Well done to Skyewalker and Cheers to FJ. Thanks to Chrise, JWS, SW himself and Les for your votes, also to SW, Stevea, Dorrien and Paul for the mentions.
60 of 73  -   Report This Post