CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

23rd June 2017, 19:42
Oh the pressure! Actually liked Ixions non-entry 12 but going for the industrious FJ@3
41 of 57  -   Report This Post

rosalind

23rd June 2017, 20:11
It won't be the same without you, ixion. I hope this is not because you are ill.
42 of 57  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

23rd June 2017, 20:12
Thanks, everyone, for taking part.

Current situation, Fieryjack just ahead with 2 votes for his @3, and 1 vote each for his @7 and @17, with ChriseE @8, Aristo @14, and Mattrom @15 also on 1 vote each.

Ixion may or may not vote but even if, in that event, one of the other clues was put into contention, I'd plump for the current leader - Fieryjack's excellent @3:

Grail map is lost or stolen (10)

Well done, FJ
I've made a rod for my own back with the intended, related prize, so it shall follow eventually. (Don't get your hopes up for something wonderful).
43 of 57  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd June 2017, 20:15
Congrats FJ - way ahead on cumulative score! Thanks skyewalker and also for the vote, FJ.
44 of 57  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

23rd June 2017, 20:18
Sorry, Ixion. Just seen Rosalind's post. Didn't cross my mind you might be unwell. Sincerely hope that's not the case.
45 of 57  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

23rd June 2017, 21:20
A three-part prize, FJ, if you, or anyone else has the patience.

George Harrison famously faced legal action over the similarities between his song "My Sweet Lord" and "He's So Fine" by the Chiffons. He was eventually charged with "subconscious plagiarism." He was later rather denigrating about the band "Oasis." One quote I've heard allegedly attributed to him goes along the lines of "Noel Gallagher's got an ear for a good tune. Unfortunately it's usually a tune by John Lennon or Paul McCartney." Anyway, there is no doubt that Mr Gallagher has been, to put it politely, a musical "magpie." Here is why Neil Innes, ex Bonzo Dog DooDah, friend of the Python team etc., received, after a lawsuit, co-writing credits on "Whatever" by Oasis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ9EWcaS7II

Neil Innes himself ended up being sued by ATV music for
copyright infringement with his (and Eric Idle's) wonderful Beatles spoof creation "The Rutles," with a share of royalties going to Lennon and McCartney. Here's just one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54KBPA20b9Q

Finally, back to George Harrison (allegedly the only Beatle who "got" the Rutles thing) and "that song" and Eric Idle (introducing) and Neil Innes (on acoustic guitar) showing he (George) could take the piss out of himself and the whole thing.
https:www.youtube.com/watch?he_ACyZIXkHq0

Best wishes, all

SW

46 of 57  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

23rd June 2017, 21:25
Missed a bit on last link. Let's try

htpps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ACyZIXkHq0
47 of 57  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

23rd June 2017, 21:27
Still wrong. I'll have to try to find it again.
48 of 57  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

23rd June 2017, 21:37

jws

23rd June 2017, 21:46
well done fj. thanks to sw
50 of 57  -   Report This Post