CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

philip

2nd June 2010, 17:12
Hi everyone

We subscribers to RT only got our copies today, so only just started, and finished.

I agree 22 across was the usual horrific clue, but otherwise quite entertaining.
I particularly liked

24a Songs aim is to develop musical 4 6
3d Den harms Angie, tell off 6 8

And yes their is a spelling mistake in 11a the last word is soldier, not solder

PHILIP

PS anyone "seen" John from Aran recently. He started this RT blog with me, but just recently he has not been responding. Wonder whether he has won the lottery or his coop has closed
7 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

2nd June 2010, 17:57
Hi Philip,

John has been notable by his absence and, come to think of it, Old Gal hasn't surfaced yet this week.

I know I appear on an irregular basis and have just come in after spending some twenty minutes or so with binoculars, tracking two buzzards circling across the sky. In days gone by, you wouldn't have found buzzards in Cheshire but they seem to be commonplace now.

Regards,

Caravaggio
8 of 35  -   Report This Post

chris4food

2nd June 2010, 18:09
Hi Dizzy, many thanks for that
9 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

2nd June 2010, 18:16
Caravaggio - I'm here, I'm here!! Still read the remarks every week but sometimes don't post. Also - much to my shame, still haven't completed one. Am able to get on much better though with a little help from my friends.....
10 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

2nd June 2010, 20:23
Hi Old Gal,

Nice to hear from you again. Come on, it's time you finished one! How about this one? We'll give you all the help you need.

Regards,

Caravaggio
11 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

2nd June 2010, 21:38
Thanks! I have completed just over a quarter - like browsing over it thru the week. Appreciate the offer but really feel I want to do it myself - bit stiffnecked and stubborn, you know! Comes with age..... Should have called myself Victoria Meldrew!
12 of 35  -   Report This Post

philip

2nd June 2010, 21:48
Old Gal

A few helpful tips for the RT crossword. There are always anagrams relating to either tv shows or stars(for example 3d this week, think of old Eastender), and usually a word that is contained in the clue (for example 1d).
Look for these first and they then help with the rest
PHILIP
13 of 35  -   Report This Post

the joker

2nd June 2010, 23:39
Well Old Gal,with your attitude it is Loobyloo you should have called.He would indeed be proud of you.
BW
TJ
14 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd June 2010, 16:37
Thanks Philip - I do usually manage to get the clues relating to shows or stars, its the ones like 6d and 2d i am stuck with but have only 7 more to go with is quite good for me. Am happy with that.
15 of 35  -   Report This Post

philip

3rd June 2010, 17:00
Old Gal

2d.. Think of a word that means Old Fashioned then take the T from Team and put it in a port (SAID) and you get STAID

6d is an anagram of "plan your" plus the intial "m" from make and the answer is to do with the lungs.

Hope that helps

PHILIP
16 of 35  -   Report This Post