CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

2nd June 2010, 20:23
Hi Old Gal,

Nice to hear from you again. Come on, it's time you finished one! How about this one? We'll give you all the help you need.

Regards,

Caravaggio
11 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

2nd June 2010, 21:38
Thanks! I have completed just over a quarter - like browsing over it thru the week. Appreciate the offer but really feel I want to do it myself - bit stiffnecked and stubborn, you know! Comes with age..... Should have called myself Victoria Meldrew!
12 of 35  -   Report This Post

philip

2nd June 2010, 21:48
Old Gal

A few helpful tips for the RT crossword. There are always anagrams relating to either tv shows or stars(for example 3d this week, think of old Eastender), and usually a word that is contained in the clue (for example 1d).
Look for these first and they then help with the rest
PHILIP
13 of 35  -   Report This Post

the joker

2nd June 2010, 23:39
Well Old Gal,with your attitude it is Loobyloo you should have called.He would indeed be proud of you.
BW
TJ
14 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

3rd June 2010, 16:37
Thanks Philip - I do usually manage to get the clues relating to shows or stars, its the ones like 6d and 2d i am stuck with but have only 7 more to go with is quite good for me. Am happy with that.
15 of 35  -   Report This Post

philip

3rd June 2010, 17:00
Old Gal

2d.. Think of a word that means Old Fashioned then take the T from Team and put it in a port (SAID) and you get STAID

6d is an anagram of "plan your" plus the intial "m" from make and the answer is to do with the lungs.

Hope that helps

PHILIP
16 of 35  -   Report This Post

dg_gremlin

3rd June 2010, 19:40
Hi,
I'm a newbie to this site but i have the distinction of winning a dvd player from RT. (I swapped it with my brother for a monitor). On RT23 I think I've got 10 Across (Bacillus) but I can't make the clue work! Any hints?
17 of 35  -   Report This Post

jolene

3rd June 2010, 20:00
Hi DG_Gremlin
The clue would help those of us who don't have RT.(like me unfortunately)
I expect you will get the answer soon.this is a good site.
best of luck
J
18 of 35  -   Report This Post

philip

3rd June 2010, 20:10
Jolene
I struggled with this one too. The best I can offer is "ill" within "bus" I honestly wasnt sure what the AC meant

The clue was Germ makes Bill poorly in coach

PHILIP
19 of 35  -   Report This Post

jolene

3rd June 2010, 20:17
Thank you for posting the clue PHILIP
AC is short for Account (Bill).
20 of 35  -   Report This Post