CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

4th June 2010, 13:05
Hello Old Gal,

Glad to be of assistance!

4d. To give you the correct definition of the answer, I've always understood this to be a female spirit which proclaims a death in the family to which she is attached. I remember [from somewhere] the phrase "...the ******* wailing of a soul in torment."

5d. You want a five-letter synonym for lamp enclosed by an anagram of 'sets'.

9a. A four-letter word for 'praise' as a verb - the third letter being 'u' for 'universal'

16a. The chemical symbol for 'copper' followed by an an anagram of 'sorry'.

I hope that helps you without my giving you the actual answer because I don't think that's what you want me to do.

Kind regards,

Caravaggio
27 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

4th June 2010, 17:36
Yay! All done - many thanks! Quick chorus of we are the champions.......
28 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

4th June 2010, 17:44
Well done, Old Gal! Make sure that you send in the solution because you don't stand a chance of winning the portable dvd player if you don't...
29 of 35  -   Report This Post

philip

4th June 2010, 18:48
So thats why I never win. I never send it in
PHILIP
30 of 35  -   Report This Post

nimrod

5th June 2010, 21:52
Have just completed the crossword and like Old Gal, feel pretty chuffed! So I have plucked up the courage to break into your circle, hope you don't mind! Have really enjoyed reading the threads over the last 6 months. Really good fun! Recovering from major surgery gave me the opportunity to spend time on crosswords. I usually spend a good few days pondering the answers. Mind you, no way I could do it in 20 mins!It is so nice that no answers are given but some clues to help us amateurs along. Bring on number 24!
31 of 35  -   Report This Post

frannie

5th June 2010, 22:20
Welcome NIMROD,i hope you are fully recovered and as you already know,you will soon be answering,rather than asking,questions.
32 of 35  -   Report This Post

helena

5th June 2010, 22:22
nimrod

welcome, feel free to participte with any queries and/or solutions.
33 of 35  -   Report This Post

butterfly

7th June 2010, 14:47
Just had to check on 19d and 22a as I thought I had solved them but wasn't too sure - but I was right then. Thanks for the explanations Caravaggio & Dizzy (do you live in Devon by the way?)
34 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

7th June 2010, 15:53
Hi Butterfly,

I'm glad we could be of assistance to you!

Regards,

Caravaggio
35 of 35  -   Report This Post