CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kirky

28th March 2017, 08:12
and the other's on the bottom row
11 of 30  -   Report This Post

novice

28th March 2017, 09:08
Much appreciated- I presume you just move them one to the right?

Do you leave the space blank where they move from or shuffle all letters across 1?
12 of 30  -   Report This Post

kirky

28th March 2017, 09:13
There will be 2 blank spaces ..one in column 1 row 6, the other in bottom row column 3. Just move the clocks along one ...total of 17 letters move as per preamble
13 of 30  -   Report This Post

manic mary

28th March 2017, 09:33
I have read all your useful posts but am no further on, the last couple have confirmed my first thought that it all might have something to do with 'Summer-time' but I am having extreme difficulty in solving the clues let alone finding the instructions, all the ones I seem to have done fall into the 20 rather than the 31 category of clue. Some more helpful hints wouldn't go amiss. Best wishes.
14 of 30  -   Report This Post

orson

28th March 2017, 15:30
I'm with manic mary here. I went through all the clues without being able to solve one!
15 of 30  -   Report This Post

kirky

28th March 2017, 15:37
Ask for some specific clues , then we can help
16 of 30  -   Report This Post

orson

28th March 2017, 15:48
Let's start at the beginning - 3a!

Manly friar with razor in principle returns (5)

I see there are four cells. Does this mean the true answer is 4 letters with an extra letter in the word play to give the message? Or is the true answer 5 letters but the answer has to be entered in a modified way and there is no extra letter for the message? Are the entries in the grid real words? If I can get those matters cleared up I might be able to make a start!

Thanks in anticipation.
17 of 30  -   Report This Post

trackerpup

28th March 2017, 16:59
3 I have macho, Occam backwards with c first extra letter. Then one thematic letter is omitted (in each clue answer) so not actual words in grid
18 of 30  -   Report This Post

orson

28th March 2017, 18:34
Thanks, trackerpup. With two deletions sometimes I wasn't sure what the (5) referred to. I assume now it is the answer before any tinkering.
19 of 30  -   Report This Post

turast

29th March 2017, 15:37
Manic Mary and Orson

"When one becomes two" as happened last Sunday we all lose one thing. Looking at the grid and number of letters given at the end of each clue, it seems that each entry is missing one letter. It eventually emerges, when you have solved a few, that one missing letter recurs throughout.

3Ac. Definition MANLY= MAC(?)O. From wordplay OC C AM reversed, there is an additional letter which gives you the first of the 31.
41Dn is (?)IKE+R, with the definition being the last word of the clue.
I'd be happy to help with more specific questions

stuarttiffin@yahoo.com
20 of 30  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1271