CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

crates

14th March 2017, 09:25
I can make a case for 2 letters disappearing - but prefer leaving both, thus retaining the full name of 'flyer' and complete answers for 18A, 21A, 5D. If the correct cells are highlighted I don't see that it could be marked incorrect.
51 of 61  -   Report This Post

unclued

14th March 2017, 11:34
I still favour the R and D going inside the Os - in the dark or in the rectum!
52 of 61  -   Report This Post

crates

14th March 2017, 14:12
Unclued - I like that option. I was treating RD as tail and O's as head. But if I look at it vice versa it works well (and fits nicely with the display of the fifth character).
53 of 61  -   Report This Post

unclued

14th March 2017, 15:12
I'm hoping this will follow up my success in correctly identifying where the hare was a few weeks ago!
54 of 61  -   Report This Post

rickye

14th March 2017, 19:51
A very nice puzzle.
55 of 61  -   Report This Post

riversk

15th March 2017, 00:41
Is there a consensus - Os in Rs, Rs in Os, single- or double-click entries? I still don't see how the Os can reliably be the "tail", even if flying backwards. Thanks.
56 of 61  -   Report This Post

schorley

15th March 2017, 08:18
As amusing and introspective as this discussion has become (one might almost say anal ?) , the preamble just asks us to highlight the flyer and its flight path so I have highlighted the relevant 28 cells and I'm content to leave it at that.

Regarding the doubled up letters, I put the O and R in the NW and SE corners of their cell, and the O and D from left to right in theirs, but we will see what was intended in a mere three weeks.

57 of 61  -   Report This Post

orientfan

15th March 2017, 16:17
I have put the R and D inside the two Os. This seems the best response to the bird's behaviour and the various hints in the preamble, and also to the treatment of the fifth character in the sitcom.

Given the schoolmasterly warning after 4436 (ref the majority of solvers' failure to colour the doorstep correctly), I'm not sure the powers-that-be will exercise any leniency around creative interpretations of the absolute truth!
58 of 61  -   Report This Post

leon

16th March 2017, 12:54
After struggling all week I now have a full grid and understand everything apart from the flyer etc any pointers please
I can see 6 letter O's if that means anything ?
59 of 61  -   Report This Post

unclued

16th March 2017, 17:49
Hello Leon - good to have you back!
Go round in a circle clockwise from the 6 Os. This will give you the outer circle. The inner circle starts OO and goes clockwise. It's a strange flyer!
60 of 61  -   Report This Post