CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

5th March 2017, 10:43
Enjoy, rossim!

Golf cancelled this morning, though it has been frustratingly dry - it'll probably rain when we're visiting a garden this afternoon!
71 of 82  -   Report This Post

sallymac

5th March 2017, 11:56
I think that you are correct with A as bottom left. The 2 Qs surely have to be top left because two 4 letter words ending in Q can only fit one way can't they? Or what am I missing. They start with different letters if I'm correct so they can't fit bottom right.
72 of 82  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th March 2017, 11:59
No, L is bottom left or you get the whole thing the wrong way round and a down clue doesn't work.
73 of 82  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th March 2017, 12:00
Hi sallymac
I've got A bottom left, and it's wrong. Yes the Qs have to be top left, but they could go eitrher way round. I picked the wrong way!
74 of 82  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th March 2017, 12:02
Re Q. The country goes down.
75 of 82  -   Report This Post

jaffra

5th March 2017, 16:37
My first post for quite a while, and late coming to this thread. I quite liked this one, understanding the instructions and getting a good start. Of course, I had to guess at first which way round to enter the solutions, and got it wrong.
Eventually I worked out that the "c" answer was one indicator, but I am still not convinced about the second. However, it makes no difference; I just have to work through it all again, interchanging across and down as appropriate.

Incidentally, the second "I" is a cocktail that I had never heard of, but found in Roget.
76 of 82  -   Report This Post

salix

5th March 2017, 19:47
I have only just managed to print this out and finished it quite quickly, unusual forme! I thoroughly enjoy alphabeticals and this one had a nice twist. With reference to the discussion re which clues indicate direction, I thought the A clue was one of them- over being the indicator?
77 of 82  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

5th March 2017, 20:01
I thought A and also C
78 of 82  -   Report This Post

rohilla

5th March 2017, 22:49
Look at the points in the centre of the grid.
79 of 82  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th March 2017, 23:34
They're not in their conventional positions though are they?
80 of 82  -   Report This Post