CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

heisenberg

7th November 2016, 11:03
Thanks.

It'll get to share a stamp with 4422. Now just to decide what to highlight.
21 of 37  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

7th November 2016, 17:29
Surely you can't share the stamp as you would then have to address the envelope against the rules of the puzzle and hence risk disqualification 8-)
22 of 37  -   Report This Post

gem94

7th November 2016, 19:39
See this page re submitting entries

http://www.listenercrossword.com/PDF/Misc/misc15.pdf
23 of 37  -   Report This Post

dryden

8th November 2016, 08:19
Wintonian, 'convenient' could be part of the definition since Chambers refers to 'land near a farmhouse', but 'old' is there to indicate past usage, so it should be placed before 'convenient' or after 'farmland'. To sandwich it between the two makes no cryptic sense at all.
24 of 37  -   Report This Post

escuan

8th November 2016, 12:43
I have a completed grid and thought i had the common phrase. But it doesn't have an anagram. I've also realise I have 13 clues with extra words. I note that the grid contains the anagram as well as the phrase; could someone please give me a hint as the where they are. I can then work backwards and see which of my extra words is the wrong 'un.
25 of 37  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

8th November 2016, 12:46
Look in the 4 corners Escuan. If you have the phrase which I suspect you have you will see I.

The anagram is a made up phrase.
26 of 37  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

8th November 2016, 17:18
Crumbs. I'm almost up for saving money on postage. This must be an easy one. I have all the stuff but am confused with what 13 has got to do with the currency I have put in there (I get the wordplay but not American forces, unless it means forces hope) and I am not quite sure about the second letter in 6.

Thanks for the rule check!
27 of 37  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

8th November 2016, 17:40
I see why it can't mean forces hope 8-). I have just found the word in Bradfords hooray and I am plumping for an a in 8 as the resulting word is also in Bradfords. And obtain is also good in there. Oh my golly I'm done. Can't believe it!
28 of 37  -   Report This Post

orientfan

8th November 2016, 22:14
Got there in the end. Good puzzle but not, at least for me, entry level.

Two I can't parse, though. 28ac and 21d. Hoping someone will put me out of my misery.

Thanks
29 of 37  -   Report This Post

escuan

8th November 2016, 23:12

I have it now, thanks djawhufd. I had "etching" in 8 down as an extra word and it threw the whole thing out. I still see the word as being redundant. I also thought that in the extra words in the clues the phrase came first followed by the anagram.
30 of 37  -   Report This Post