CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

11th September 2016, 20:16
Could notional refer to notes i.e. connected with a song (notes). Just a thought.
21 of 43  -   Report This Post

notrab

11th September 2016, 20:17
Make sure that the "zig zag" spirals the right (or left!) way.
22 of 43  -   Report This Post

buzzb

12th September 2016, 01:41
To understand the 'interrupted' part you have to think about what the lines represent and how they exist in 3 dimensions
23 of 43  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

12th September 2016, 08:56
Hmmm. Not quite there yet. 75%. Are the top words, phrases from the letters and the lines all related to each other? I think I really must invest in a Chambers rather than continue my forlorn hope of winning one!
24 of 43  -   Report This Post

meursault

12th September 2016, 09:06
Yes, rrRobbo. All related. I took a lucky guess at the comedy duo earlier. The name of the song is in 7A. Googling the duo and title brings up, among others, a flashlyrics site. Everything else is in there, including the building feature at the top.
25 of 43  -   Report This Post

notrab

12th September 2016, 10:00
Having completed I thought that it would have been rather lovely - and in compliance with the lyrics - if each line had gone through 13 cells and intertwined!!
26 of 43  -   Report This Post

essira

12th September 2016, 11:35
I am worried because if top row reads to make sense then the two 'individuals' spiral the wrong way…..or is my spatial awareness at fault?
27 of 43  -   Report This Post

dryden

12th September 2016, 11:55
I'm not sure that it's possible to tell which way they spiral just from looking at the lines since the grid is a 2D representation of a 3D image.
28 of 43  -   Report This Post

essira

12th September 2016, 12:08
If the line is interrupted by the starred cells i.e. the line cannot be seen because it goes behind that cell, then one can tell which way they spiral. The line 'notionally' passes through 11 cells I take to mean you cannot always see it because of the interruption.
29 of 43  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

12th September 2016, 13:11
Thanks all. I am pretty much there. Did not realise the spoofing from the more modern A&M of these two. I can't quite parse some bits though so

What is the first letter of 18r
What is the forth letter of 8r

Of course I can make words there but would like to make the right ones! Also, where is the darn synonym for the middle word at the top?
30 of 43  -   Report This Post