CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

28th August 2016, 15:21
15 A is just the usual word for the opposite of Malignant, but slightly longer - I'd never heard of it before!
21 of 31  -   Report This Post

bunty

28th August 2016, 15:22
Thanks primepropsect - will have another go later ...are my letters correct at all?
22 of 31  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

28th August 2016, 17:30
Bunty, your last n is wrong. Not sure why you think it is n as it's an unchecked letter 8-). It's actually an e. The rest is correct and it is a real word you will know. Then, the penny may drop and you might even guess the other words......
23 of 31  -   Report This Post

bunty

28th August 2016, 21:34
Thanks for your reply rrrobbo, only just back on computer...The N was the last letter of tiepin ..........no idea why i put it there .......obviously didn't see the blocked cell! I see what the word is now and what to do in that corner I think.
Fresh eyes at the rest tomorrow!
24 of 31  -   Report This Post

rmleake

29th August 2016, 09:34
How. This is my first attempt at The Listener and I am struggling with the last one 5d ( unless I have the whole quadrant wrong !). I have ACKE?I. Any hints please.
25 of 31  -   Report This Post

unclued

29th August 2016, 09:44
rm your last letter should be a D. The I is omitted from 20ac.
26 of 31  -   Report This Post

rmleake

29th August 2016, 09:47
Thanks unclued
27 of 31  -   Report This Post

pbzepellin

31st August 2016, 11:18
Hi..this is my first Listener.. may seem simple to all you regulars but its taking me ages.. and i am stuck on 31d and 36a..

31d i have ?ur? .. is that right?

36a i have A??S ,,

please correct me if letters are wrong and do give some hints - 31d what dog? and 36a am not sure of the definition.. please help!
28 of 31  -   Report This Post

rrrobbo

31st August 2016, 11:30
Pbzepellin, dont be disheartened, but they are always hard I find. I started maybe 6 months ago and am now addicted. You learn more each week, mostly thanks to the gurus here! Some are still impossible for me though.....

31d you are right and you have already accounted for 'dog' there 8-)
36a your are right and it is so easy you will kick yourself. The answer means the last two words and it is an anagram.

29 of 31  -   Report This Post

pbzepellin

1st September 2016, 08:04
Thank u rrrobbo :)

Finished both in a shot.. 36a was not aware of the term . though i had the word .. google helped there :)

and am a lil disappointed with 31d esp since the abbreviation for science fiction is not right :)

but yippeee solved my first Listener crossword with all your help :) doing my lil happy jig !
30 of 31  -   Report This Post