CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

skyewalker

27th August 2016, 08:54
As the recent song goes, "I wasn't expecting that!"

Thanks so much to Tatters, Pigale, Ginge, Stevea6000, Chrise, Busby and Paul for the votes, to Aristophanes and Dorrien for the mentions, and to Ixion for the intended vote.

Really chuffed and overwhelmed to receive so many votes and mentions, especially considering the standard of the other entries.

Thanks, Mattrom, for setting, hosting and for the clip.

No, Rosalind. Despite being Scottish, I'm ashamed to say I've never set foot on Skye. Skye is the name of a small bundle of fluff that became the new love of my life last summer, and is now the much larger bundle of fluff I'm about to to take for a walk around our village (Torrance, near Glasgow). :-)

Regards to all.

SW
71 of 82  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

27th August 2016, 09:13
Well done skyewalker and thanks mattrom
72 of 82  -   Report This Post

pigale

27th August 2016, 10:20
Very well done indeed Skyewalker - Aren,t big (and small) bundles of fluff very loveable fun!
Thanks for hosting Mattrom -
73 of 82  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

27th August 2016, 11:25
They certainly are, Pigale. :-)
74 of 82  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

27th August 2016, 11:27
Thanks for the competition, mattrom. Very well done, skyewalker, a well-preserved win. Thanks for the vote, jws.

My cockles and mussels were at Southend ("Sarfend"!)
75 of 82  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th August 2016, 14:40
Yay, skyewalker! Thanks, mattrom. Best to Skye and Matt and Rom.
76 of 82  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

28th August 2016, 13:06
Have just started a puzzle in one of today's newspapers and the first clue I've managed to solve is:

Try original tune on organ (5)

Wonder why I got that one right away!
77 of 82  -   Report This Post

ginge

30th August 2016, 13:25
Very belated congratulations skyewalker (it's been a while since I've had a pint in The Wheatsheaf), only got my phone back from repair this morning, cheers mattrom.
78 of 82  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

30th August 2016, 13:31
Thanks, Ginge. A pint in the Wheatsheaf sounds like a good idea. May head there shortly!
79 of 82  -   Report This Post

ginge

30th August 2016, 13:39
Hi again skyewalker. It may interest you to know that Kenny (Lamb) who used to run the Wheatsheaf with his wife Morag having previously had The Signal Box in Temple, my local, is again "Mein Host".
80 of 82  -   Report This Post