CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rrrobbo

24th July 2016, 18:28
Ah, carpox, you may have held the clue! Cheers. But why are there those bold lines in 3rd and 8th columns?
11 of 45  -   Report This Post

carpox1

24th July 2016, 19:36
Thanks to heisenberg and rrrobbo - food for thought.
12 of 45  -   Report This Post

unclued

24th July 2016, 19:40
I'm really struggling withe the across clues. Can anyone explain why 3 is rental and 22 is spoors? Also 4, 6 and 8 are really hard (for me!). Also I can't see why c is ottoman. Any help much appreciated. I haven't got to the snakes and ladders bit yet.
13 of 45  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

24th July 2016, 19:47
3 parental without pa

4 heads off definition

As surrounds a word for greenery that sounds drench

6 drinkers use these to fm drink a long drink

8 the generic name for a hi fi
14 of 45  -   Report This Post

carpox1

24th July 2016, 20:06
Ottoman:
The forum e-moderator doesn't like one or more of the words in my explanation and won't let me post, the best I can do is this:
OT to (a) man
15 of 45  -   Report This Post

carpox1

24th July 2016, 20:14
I have the nine items now - my imperfect sketch of a ladder gave me an invalid short-cut.
16 of 45  -   Report This Post

highlighter

24th July 2016, 20:22
22a Spoors = tracks broke=poor... cry for help =S(O)S
17 of 45  -   Report This Post

meursault

24th July 2016, 20:50
Not being critical of Serpent, I enjoyed this. Took me a while to remember how the game is structured, but of course you start from the bottom...I don't send my entries in, so have just highlighted routes in different colours and have 9 (5 up and 4 down). However, slightly more troubling, I have 2 instances of upbound routes crossing each other and one instance of downbound routes crossing each other. I don't remember a S&N board looking like that...
18 of 45  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

24th July 2016, 21:12
I have the same Meursault.

I enjoyed the puzzle but that aspect of the endgame make it a somewhat messy grid.
19 of 45  -   Report This Post

meursault

24th July 2016, 21:23
Yes, a bit messy, but generally nice construction, middle column well featured. I remember seeing film of some nature hunters who thought they'd found a king cobra. Except from the tail end it didn't seem very lively. Eventually, after a lot of caution, someone took a look at the front end. It was half way through its dinner, which was a rat snake. So, with great indignity the Attenborough types removed the king cobra's dinner, inch by inch, foot by foot and then took the king cobra prisoner. Later, one of the people responsible visited the king cobra. It knew very well who he was - I've never seen a snake extend so much of its body in a vertical position (would surely have got him if it could !)
20 of 45  -   Report This Post