CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

29th April 2010, 21:45
Also for you Zardoz: your two earlier queries, first 26a - the answer is a type of cloth made in Austria, which has given its name to the coats made from it.
39a The answer means public - open. The first four letters are a cricket term,, + tango!
21 of 28  -   Report This Post

zardoz

29th April 2010, 22:58
Thanks AJT, cricket still baffles me, even though played it in NZ many years ago.
Had 26a, meant 28a - the grid is very pale.
Got the LUNT & the church, but Banff is a park on the BC, Alberta border. Eh???
Filled the grid couple of hours ago, just not happy with six clues with funny bits. Was responding to your mail.
22 of 28  -   Report This Post

ajt

29th April 2010, 23:19
Banff is also a place in Scotland, which takes us back to the need for a English/Scottish dictionary,
The poor print-out was obviously universal - I needn't have changed my cartridges!
23 of 28  -   Report This Post

bathtub

30th April 2010, 05:02
Eager (8d, alternative spelling of eagre) is a (tidal) bore, not a dam. I must confess I found this puzzle something of a (non-tidal) bore. No matter how many times I dance round the maypole, I can't see the connection to the unclued lights as anything other than feeble.
24 of 28  -   Report This Post

ajt

30th April 2010, 06:51
Thanks Bathtub - I realised my error as soon as I saw it onscreen, and too late to correct it. Only recently watched a programme about the Severn bore, too.
25 of 28  -   Report This Post

silly boy

4th May 2010, 22:09
Please help me ! I'm looking for the diagonal word to shade in ..... The only word I can find is of 4 letters beginning with T. If I am correct can anyone explain it. Thanks.
26 of 28  -   Report This Post

silly boy

4th May 2010, 22:12
It's ok thanks ...... found the reason why now ! lol ;o)
27 of 28  -   Report This Post

ajt

4th May 2010, 22:27
Hi Silly boy - glad you found it - I've only just switched on the PC
28 of 28  -   Report This Post