CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

10th February 2016, 23:07
I think the "bird" may refer to prison so possibly american bird is the defn.... then usual abbrev for black + 3 letter synonym for dress. (The possible letters can be worked back from your grid hopefully...)
21 of 27  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

10th February 2016, 23:24
For 3d have 23?0 and 3rd number must be 1 as the grid is full except for this space ... ( we need 12 of each number 1-5 for the pentominoes in final stages)... perhaps we can work backwards to answer the clue?
We don't actually even need the answer.........
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

11th February 2016, 08:49
Thanks sudokulover. For 3d, had arrived at the same conclusion but still can't see the answer. As you say, we don't really need it!
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

unclued

11th February 2016, 14:02
The Black bird answer is BRIG (US prison). Can anyone help with 2 down or the legendary label clue? I still can't get them.
I'm really enjoying this one - please note EV editor you read these threads - this was original and fun!
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

11th February 2016, 14:52
Sileni and Motown
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

unclued

11th February 2016, 19:20
Thanks dja. I've been doing the Listener for a while now and this puzzle has been far more enjoyable than many of them! I've just finished arranging the pentominoes (great test of logic) and am on to the colouring stage.
26 of 27  -   Report This Post

crosswhit99

22nd February 2016, 14:36
This is a really useful site for this type of puzzle:

http://cfaj.freeshell.org/wordfinder/

For example, if you enter [bglqv][chmrw].[ejoty] and check 'Words matching' it gives the following to chose from:

Brie Brno brae brat bray bree brio brit broo brut ghat ghee grat gray gree grey grit grot grue
27 of 27  -   Report This Post