CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

9th April 2010, 09:12
Zardoz - I have inigo for 18a so 17a, 4d are different
31 of 54  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

9th April 2010, 09:14
AJT - thanks for that - got 4d now. what about 42a?
32 of 54  -   Report This Post

ajt

9th April 2010, 09:19
The superfluous word is in 31 ac, First letter s - that should give you the theme word
33 of 54  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

9th April 2010, 09:23
Got it!!! All done - thank goodness! There are some very fishy words in there which I've never heard of!
Let's hope next week's is easier for me!!
Many thanks AJT - what other crosswords do you do?
34 of 54  -   Report This Post

ajt

9th April 2010, 09:39
I'm pleased you've got it, Sudokulover - yes there were some very fishy words there, weren't there? I've been doing Mephisto for about 30 years -for a long time my favourite, then I found the Guardian and Araucaria - I love his alphabet puzzles. Cut my teeth on the Telegraph, but find it a bit prosaic. Since finding this column I have extended my range, and now I love this Spectator - I don't aspire to the Listener yet, though. What about you? I think what is great about this site is that it activates the competitive spirit.
35 of 54  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

9th April 2010, 10:03
Haven't been doing Spectator long, but it is a challenge and quite "different" to the usual telegraph puzzles.Won a telegraph fountain pen a few years ago (one of the better ones - I believe they are a plastic version now!) Also have the Sunday Express - Skeleton has improved in the last few months with more "understandable" clues. My passion is "killer" sudoku mainly from Times newspaper and its many books on the same. The Generalist is also good - i quite enjoyed the April one as it suited my mathematical brain.
Expect we'll all be here again next Thurs puzzling over another spectator!
36 of 54  -   Report This Post

ajt

9th April 2010, 10:17
I don't know Generalist - just tried to find it online. Can you download it, or do you need to subscribe?
37 of 54  -   Report This Post

silly boy

9th April 2010, 10:27
AJT ...... google Prospect Magazine .... you can download it from there. ;o)
38 of 54  -   Report This Post

ajt

9th April 2010, 10:30
Thank you SillyBoy. I'm obviously being stupid - I found my way to Prospect magazine, but couldn't find the crossword.
39 of 54  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

9th April 2010, 10:43
AJT - if you google generalist crossword April the first link is a pdf download of this month's puzzle by Didymus.

I had a free Saga mag through the door last Dec and had a go and sent it off - won a Bloomsbury dictionary. Not done it since tho as you need to subscribe.

Link for Generalist can sometimes be found on Answerbank usually around 26th of previous month(ie mar 26th onwards for April puzzle etc0
40 of 54  -   Report This Post