CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

supersub

21st July 2015, 10:37
Hi,
Started late on this one. I've filled the grid and found the poet. Can't work out what 'Solvers must follow the thematic features of the Class 1 clues' means. Any hint would be welcomed.
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

21st July 2015, 10:38
'Solvers must follow the thematic features of the Class I clues to read the name of an essay that explains the difference between the classes, and its author, " so she appears there.
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

21st July 2015, 10:40
Above was response to escuan.

Class I clues contain a letter that never appears in class 2 clues. Look at letters that follow occurrences of that thematic letter.
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

escuan

21st July 2015, 12:06
Thanks, KT - I'd forgotten that bit of the preamble.
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

supersub

21st July 2015, 13:42
Thank you K.T.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

grusby

25th July 2015, 13:11
Don't usually look for help but mystified by missing clue numbers in grid and very thankful to learn there was a column missing! Now complete and very enjoyable. Learnt quite a lot about the family and the poet in the process. Always good when crosswords are educational as well.
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

25th July 2015, 13:31
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread - but I need a bit of guidance.

I have a full grid; I have the essay and its author; I have the poet and the work; I have the instructions and understand the T*****FOR*****S etc.

However, I have changed 5 letters to find 5 related names - I just dont understand why or where the other 10 letters are? Are there more names to find?
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

ginge

25th July 2015, 13:44
Rather than change letters individually to get the names change "their sins" & "dgirls" in the original grid.
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

25th July 2015, 14:06
Ginge - thanks so much for responding as I'm pulling my hair out with this one!

Ok, I've got the 15 letters now, and thank you for that. But having changed 5 of them already - I don't see an obvious pattern to change. What am I missing?
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

saddleworthian

25th July 2015, 14:10
Ginge - no need to respond! (Again)

I got it in the end. Eureka moment!

Thanks for putting me out of my misery
40 of 40  -   Report This Post