CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

23rd June 2015, 17:45
But don't the setters vary wildly? Sometimes I'll scan the new Jumbo and I just know I'm going to love it and I'll feel confident I can do it. Other weeks I can look at it and within minutes I feel utterly mystified, wondering if I can solve anything. I almost always persevere, even with the difficult ones and then eventually I'll make progress but sometimes I'll think, right, that's it, can't do any more and I'll go to bed and then have another look the next day - and sometimes the day after that!
41 of 44  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd June 2015, 17:52
I agree Susan. Sometimes just an initial quick scan is enough to put me off, but I solve a few, then set it aside, have a coffee, or leave it a few hours. When I return I often have a Doh! or a Aha! moment when all becomes clear.
Maybe a walk in the park amongst nature will inspire me. Quite often, it is Sunday breakfast after a good night's sleep that I fill in the final few
42 of 44  -   Report This Post

pigale

23rd June 2015, 17:53
Hi Jazzy, I tend to be overcautious I think - my email name has nothing to do with my real name - it is a pseudo. My true friends know about this and use the pseudo.

The only weakness is when buying online - banking information are obviously given but I only give info about one account in which I keep very little money at any one time, just enough for that purpose and I top it up as and when I need to. It is a debit card as opposed to a credit card, so there is not much they can take! I hope ...

but there again, what do you do? We have to live with our time!

On top of that, I have made arrangements with my bank so that for every online payment I do, they phone me
43 of 44  -   Report This Post

susan

23rd June 2015, 18:04
Hi Jazzgirl, that's it, I really like the aha (or doh!) moments when you see a solution after having gone away, or to sleep and then you look again and there it is, the answer you thought you couldn't get.

44 of 44  -   Report This Post