CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rusty

22nd May 2018, 15:19
Hello, Elle!
That is some amazing husband you have!
He had a new printer hidden away!
Well done, that man!
It looks to me, that your computer recognised the new printer, as you had it set up properly, but could not "recognise" the old one, for some reason or other?
These things are way o'er my head!
I've always thought computers etc are very "user unfriendly"!
Anyway, problem solved. Printers are fairly inexpensive these days.
The chick looks fine and healthy and will soon be screeching for fish!
The "lad from Bury" starts at 3.30 and Tom Dumoulin starts three minutes ahead of him.
I like big Tom, but I'll be cheering on the "lad from Bury"!
21101 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

22nd May 2018, 16:22
Hi, Rusty!
Yes, it's good to have a working printer again....
It saves on buying The Times daily , too!
I still haven't looked at today's crossword.... no time with all this kerfuffle going on!
I'll check it out later.
Right now, I am about to dash out with the dog........it won't be for long as it is rather hot out.
I'll be back in about an hour.
I am mentally cheering for Simon!
21102 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rosalind

22nd May 2018, 16:49
elle- I think the printer not being recognised is a function of the new Windows 10. The memory from my old camera isn't recognised, either. My son says it needs different drivers, whatever they may be, but these are not available.

I just took a very heavy chain saw to the chainsaw place at Longwick to get a new chain. The car park is opposite the shop across a very busy road. I didn't stop the traffic this time, though I had my hair done this morning! They don't usually deal with my make of chainsaw but they did find and fitted a new chain. Altogether a two hour trip!

There's a nice breeze out. I was looking at the next about 7.30 am and thought I saw movement under Lassie.
21103 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd May 2018, 16:57
Hello, Elle!
Still a fine day here!
Rohan Dennis won today's stage, but the main feature of the race was the battle between Dumoulin and Yates.
Dumoulin, as expected, was faster, but Simon has a healthy lead of 56 seconds overall.
Now, at last, Rome is getting nearer.
But back to the mountains tomorrow!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44215971
21104 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

22nd May 2018, 18:11
Hi, Rusty!
Very warm and sunny here......the temperature has been in the high- twenties, but still feeling reasonably fresh.
It is lovely out.
Simon is doing well....
I read the article .
What does he mean, though, when he says that unfortunately for the fans , he might be more defensive?
Cycling tactics remain a mystery to me.....
I am so glad my printer is working!!!!

Hello, Ros1
I wonder why we are not forewarned about these drawbacks with the Windows 10 Updates?
At least, then we would be wasting time trying to "fix" the apparently unfixable!
I have no idea what a "driver" is!
21105 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd May 2018, 18:24
Hello, Elle!
If the "lad from Bury" goes on the defensive, it means he will not attack in the mountains, but he and his team will defend any attacks made on him, and so protect his lead, and the pink jersey.
He has attacked and won three stages by doing so, and I suspect he may do so again.
He will ride to team orders.
They will work out the best strategies for the next few days, to hopefully bring Simon to Rome in pink.
Simon rides for an Australian team (so does his brother).

A wee article about the new chick!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-44210784

21106 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

22nd May 2018, 19:12
Hi, Rusty!
This attack cum defence strategy in the cycling is a tad confusing........but I think I understand what you mean.
I shall try to follow it as it progresses....and see how Simon gets on....
It was lovely to see Lassie welcoming her "baby"!
The other two chicks should be born soon.
Have you heard from your son and daughter-in-law in Orlando?
I hope there has been some improvement in their weather?
21107 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd May 2018, 19:42
Hello, Elle!
No, it is straightforward.
Simon's team will respond to attacks, but will not attack themselves unless it fits in with their plan.
Dumoulin, Pozzovivo, Froome, etc, must attack in the mountains if they want to win the race.
As it stands, Simon has no need to attack, but I suspect he may.
They must be very proud of him up in Bury!
Yes, that was a nice clip of Lassie and new chick.
There has been some improvement in the weather in Florida.
Today they are having tea at the "Grand Floridian".
A new name to me!
21108 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

22nd May 2018, 20:48
Hi, Rusty!
That is good that the weather in Orlando has improved.
Tea at the Grand Floridian sounds very posh!
I phoned to book our own afternoon tea the other day.........
I will have told you that our son had given us a voucher for "afternoon tea" at one of London's big hotels.
A lovely Christmas present!
I knew that one had to book in advance , but never did I expect it to be as in demand as it proved to be.
However, finally we have a date... we go the week after next.....I am looking forward to it!
My only problem is that I do not drink tea!
21109 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rosalind

22nd May 2018, 22:10
elle, one of my sons bought me tea at The Ritz, to which he and his wife came as well. He drinks no hot drinks, does not like butter in his sandwiches and only likes chocolate cakes (yes, I know I did a bad job!) The Ritz took this all in their stride, provided him with orange juice, ham sandwiches without butter and extra chocolate cake. So don't worry.
They had a few rules, including no trainers. I was on the tube before I saw I hadn't changed my shoes. I ran into Clarke's on Oxford St, which happened to have a sale, grabbed the first pair of black heels the right size I saw (didn't have time to try them), paid, just got to the Ritz on time having changed shoes. They happen to be the most comfortable pair of heels I have ever had (and now the only ones!)
The only sad thing was we were not allowed to take photos so don't really have any memento.
21110 of 30765  -   Report This Post