CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

2nd February 2015, 21:59
I trust the solid food didn't put you off your game, ginge. That was in-credible. Worst play-call of the century? Why would you throw the ball on a second-and-goal instead of running it? On the 1-yard line! I'd been sure we were done for. Thought Edelman should have gotten MVP.

Rosalind: Another foot of snow, and still coming down.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

ginge

2nd February 2015, 22:34
Agreed re the last play (ignoring the obvious worked at the end of Q2) but considering how they got there (and remembering the "helmet catch") justice? What I can't understand is how they went from such commanding control of the game when a comfortable victory if not a rout looked likely! Excitement for " neutral" observers" without a doubt. Edelman should feel robbed, definitely MVP in my book. Will yoube out for the homecoming celebrations?
Been looking at your current and forthcoming weather prospects and although you're used to such climatic extremes it must have an effect on day to day routines, you have my sympathies.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

ginge

2nd February 2015, 23:40
Just reread my last post and realise it's now ambiguous after I attempted mid-thought corrections! They should have "the Pats" after; in the sentence re commanding control. To go in only level at halftime mystified me and obviously had an effect on the players morale at the start of Q3. Probably should have lost the way things panned out but over the piece definitely worthy winners though a couple of bad decisions and poor
executions from Brady at crucial times allowed Seattle
into the game, hardly deserving of MVP relative to his oppo who would undoubtedly have got and earned it IG they could rerun their last play!
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd February 2015, 00:02
The victory parade, which was supposed to be tomorrow morning, has just been postponed to Wednesday, since it's still snowing like crazy and the wind chill's going to be -20 F. The parade isn't in Foxborough but in downtown Boston. It's a rather small city, you know, only the 24th-largest in the US. The players get to ride the silly duck boats. When the Red Sox rode them after their first World Series win since 1918, the mayor famously announced: "Gentlemen, mount your ducks!" And no, I won't be going; I'll still be digging myself out.
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd February 2015, 00:11

ginge

3rd February 2015, 00:19
Got to admit it does look like a fun way to see the sights but I cringed when I saw the use of "conDUCKtor". Cheers aristo.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post