CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

31st January 2015, 14:13
So what's the scoop, ginge? It should be particularly intriguing what with all the attention on the Patriots' balls. I always look forward to the coaches' scintillating interviews of course ("We gotta protect the ball and we gotta put some points up"), but this year, as a special treat, just in case your IQ hasn't been lowering fast enough, they're trotting Katy Perry out at halftime- hardly an improvement on the usual doddering British rock star who keeps falling off the stage (and really, when you're ninety years old you gotta get rid of the leather pants and you gotta keep your shirt on). I'll get a reliable read on the whole thing when I see how often Tom is glancing toward Gisele in her skybox, and what the glances look like. The upshot of all this is that I'm embarrassed to say that I'll be watching. I hope you're able to rake in some cash from the spectacle.
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

ginge

31st January 2015, 21:46
Hi aristo, me and a couple of mates will definitely be watching but halftime will be homemade curry time (yes I occasionally partake of solids among the liquids!). I wrongly heard Kravitz was headlining rather than guesting; that might have been worth watching and leaving the volume up.
Thankfully, to my knowledge, none of my impromptu "entertaining" performances appear on youtube as you would no doubt be shaking your head and again saying "what is it with these wrinkly Brits wearing leather & shirt tossing?" !
I won't regurgitate the coaches and media stock phrases other than I reckon it might come down to whether Chancellor can contain/control the Gronk and how many more mistakes Wilson makes compared to Brady. Ever the optimist and concentrating on the positive rather than the negative here's the nub which you will obviously approve of; The Gronk's going to have a monster game (possibly MVP?) and to make a bet worthwhile The Pats (-7), enjoy.
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st February 2015, 15:45
I know I am butting in, sorry, but please could I have the tiniest clue as to what this is aboot? Footie??
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

ginge

1st February 2015, 16:00
No need to apologise Rosalind, footie à la USA. It's the Superbowl tonight (sort of equivalent to the FA Cup final) and aristo knows I'm rather keen on sports betting; 1 of my many vices.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st February 2015, 16:10
Thank you, ginge. Good luck with the bet.
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

1st February 2015, 17:03
Rosalind: The New England Patriots are playing (and killing) the Seattle Seahawks. The Patriots play in a suburban stadium a stone's throw from where I live, and we often see these behemoths tooting around town. Tom Brady (our quarterback) is married to the Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen, who's rather outspoken sometimes re football; after one major loss (I think it was the last Super Bowl we were in) she said: "My husband can't throw the f***ing ball and catch it too."

I hope I didn't offend you, ginge. I didn't know you were a rock star.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

ginge

1st February 2015, 18:07
Offend me aristo, it just ain't possible; my neck's got more brass than all the Glasgow scrappies combined (both legal and otherwise)! In the late 70s/early 80s when I could "boast" shoulder+ length hair I fronted a none too successful band and still follow a few who on occasion (misguidedly) invite me to participate as a show "closure", I really wish I could genuinely have used "stopper" !
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st February 2015, 18:17
Thanks, aristo. I think Giselle's remark would constitute "grounds" as my mother used to say. I was going to add something about how good she would be with the spherical object but decided against it. (I take it that it is spherical? )
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

1st February 2015, 19:10
I think you'd call it a prolate spheroid (pointed at the ends).
We're expecting another fourteen inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, and it's freeeezing; Thursday night it'll be -9 F (about -23 C), but till then hovering around 0-degree lows.
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st February 2015, 21:04
I did mean to ask how the snow was/is. In one night? I can't imagine that. Hope all's well tomorrow
10 of 16  -   Report This Post