CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

philip

10th February 2010, 14:40
Alan
I think you are missing the point. I have no objection to helping anyone, particularly if its a last difficult clue.

If you venture onto the otherside, you will see the same people keep asking for clues for the same crossword. A couple of weeks ago, someone asked for 10 clues in half an hour and they only had one letter in each. the rest were question marks. its noticeable that this happens more and more for prize crosswords.
I very rarely ask for help but I am always grateful when it comes.
So what I am saying is people should at least make the effort before requesting answers. Generally this happens on this site, where most people are really struggling, but not on the other side where in the end, others do most of the work. Where's the fun in that?
PHILIP
5 of 23  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

10th February 2010, 14:56
Hi ALL,
I have the fifteen letter answer, the the thirteen letter answers and I almost put Cartwright for 5 down. I don't yet look for any answers (anywhere on PC), bur I always seem to get any answers after long struggles - by asking for them here.
I have lots more to do than this puzzle: reading
the paper and watching telly.
However I do enjoy reading your comments here.
Be good.
6 of 23  -   Report This Post

bees

10th February 2010, 16:22
What annoys me is that people don't want to put any real effort in to thinking about the answers. If they can't get it straight away they get on to AB. They can't even be bothered to check if it has already been asked. I've seen the same clue asked for 6 times.
7 of 23  -   Report This Post

robtherich

10th February 2010, 16:32
I agree with Bees: surely the point is to stretch the mind a tad - and to enjoy doing so. The sense of satisfaction from cracking a clue (after sometimes hours of puzzling) is so much greater than that from 'borrowing' someone else's hard work. I've stopped looking at AB because I get so irritated by the lazy buggas.
8 of 23  -   Report This Post

celadon

11th February 2010, 09:48
I also stopped answering questions on AB some twelve months ago for the same reasons. Maybe AB should be renamed Another Bed-presser.
9 of 23  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

11th February 2010, 15:07
Hi ALL,
Got it done today. Had a problem with the 'y' at the end of the day (15 down) but changed it from
'ing' and it slipped together.
Good day.
10 of 23  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

11th February 2010, 16:19
It took me a bit longer than usual as I had spelled 3 down incorrectly. I was struggling with 11 & 12 across for about 15 minutes until I noticed, then it all became clear. Worst clue for me was:

19A Skin change deceives a city in Africa (8)

as the use of "deceives" shunted me on to a siding.

I also agree with Caravaggio that the use of "Island nearly" in 21A was very tenuous.
11 of 23  -   Report This Post

bees

11th February 2010, 19:57
I think 21A is OK, sorry John and Caravangio (how do you spell that again?)
Island nearly is a near enough exact translation from the source language.
12 of 23  -   Report This Post

terry

12th February 2010, 17:21
I noticed on the 9th that some body (who shall remain nameless) took 25 minutes to do it.
Why so long? Give up after a quater of an hour
13 of 23  -   Report This Post

terry

12th February 2010, 18:30
terry,
Any chance of you changing your handle in some way to avoid clashing with me?
14 of 23  -   Report This Post