CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tel

12th February 2010, 20:25
Will do.I'll go by Tel fromnow on.
What is the other site people are talking about.
15 of 23  -   Report This Post

philip

12th February 2010, 20:35
I am the "nameless one" The reason we comment on how long it takes every week is because usually the clues are so bloomimg horrible. 25 mins is my quickest yet and usually most of it is done fairly quickly, then you end up with the horrible clues and they are often in a corner together which makes it harder.
The other site is answerbank.co.uk
16 of 23  -   Report This Post

terry

12th February 2010, 20:39
Tel,
Thanks.
17 of 23  -   Report This Post

sara

14th February 2010, 14:51
What is the other site? I'm really struggling with the MOS crossword and daren't ask for as much help as I need on this site.
18 of 23  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

14th February 2010, 16:37
Hi sara,

Try this link:

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Quizzes-and-Puzzles/">http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Quizzes-and-Puzzles/

You have to register to post questions but not if you only want to look at all the answers.
19 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th February 2010, 16:49
Hi sara - please feel free to post here.Harsh comments are very seldom meant with malice and anyway what harm can they do you?

ps. I hear the other site can get quite rude.
20 of 23  -   Report This Post

philip

14th February 2010, 17:22
Hi Sara

This is a more friendly and chattier site than AB. Occasionally one or two of oldies have a go at one another, but its usually good natured. All you have to do is give us the clue and the number of letters plus any letters that you have. Usually within 5 minutes one of us will be back with suggestions. Quite often we will already have done it anyway. THe quickest response I have had was a couple of months ago from Trevor. Less than a minute for something that had been worrying me for over a day.
PHILIP
21 of 23  -   Report This Post

trevor

14th February 2010, 17:53
I was only too happy to help PHILIP, apparently it happens to most men at some point during their lives.
22 of 23  -   Report This Post

thicky

14th February 2010, 21:16
Sara
What I like about this site is that it is so friendly compared to the other which is so matter of fact.
I am usually too slow to get my answers in first, but I enjoy the mental test of trying to solve the clues, even if I am not the first to answer. There are one or two contributors, like those who have responded earlier to this post who are extremely helpful,and if you stick with it you will learn a lot about cryptics. I have

Not so thicky now!
23 of 23  -   Report This Post